New here...

Yo.

First one : loved the intro, the ideas in this tune are really good but not sure if its my phones or not but I'm getting too much high end. Its crying out for a really snarling low bass sound to set it off. I think you've maybe gone a bit mad on the reverb in places where a bit of distortion might work better? Just my thoughts. Got the basis of a decent track imo.

Second one : like the drums in the intro, sounds a lot lower volume than the first? Nice atmosphere and pad work. I like the delay on the drums and the beats at 2.20 were a nice surprise. Again the general idea of the track is spot on.

For someone not familiar with dnb I'd say thats 2 pretty good efforts.

Second tune sounin wicked, did you make that beat in the second tune yourself or is it a loop? Jus wondeing cuz i've jus got into production recently aswell but ain't really used any loops yet, jus improvin me beat making skills.

The mixing side of things will come in time. At least you can make a good tune, which is the most important thing.
That third piece is wonderful (barring some levelling/mixing)
Like the live breaks feel of things.
I'd listen to this all day long.

Keep making tunes man, gonna be sick. You've got some big talent there judging by these tracks.

man i just want to say that you have some crazy ideas in your head and you're doing a fine job expressing it. love the "fuck of mix"... prodigy style.

Welcome Chestor,
Listened to your first song - intro was sick - and high ends were too high :) - but a nicely produced track with a unique arrangement. Two things I heard: 1) bass drum distorted everything throughout the song and not enough (deep) bass on the actual bassline and 2) the dynamics of the snare throughout the tune were a little misused... IMO... but I like my rollers so maybe that wasn't what you were going for :)
Anyways nicely done, keep it up :)
Steve

man i just want to say that you have some crazy ideas in your head and you're doing a fine job expressing it. love the "fuck of mix"... prodigy style.

thank you:)
Fuck Off Mix, was inspired by some 50's/60's Horror Movies, as well as Jojo Mayer's drum playing.

Welcome Chestor,
Listened to your first song - intro was sick - and high ends were too high - but a nicely produced track with a unique arrangement. Two things I heard: 1) bass drum distorted everything throughout the song and not enough (deep) bass on the actual bassline and 2) the dynamics of the snare throughout the tune were a little misused... IMO... but I like my rollers so maybe that wasn't what you were going for
Anyways nicely done, keep it up
Steve

Thank you, too.

I don't like this track anymore, and didn't listen to it for a long time and somehow i am not supposed to listen to it again in the next few days...don't know why, but i (at least I hope) think, that my music has made some kind of a evolution process, within the last (short) time, because of listening and analyzing a lot of Dnb music and many of them have been you guys from the Forum and you do a great job, don't remember exactly, which Myspace-Sites I've listened to, but i liked them all.
The Time when this track was written, i came in here with absolutely zero knowledge about Dnb, or any other music, which is made with computer programs, or other electronical devices...
I'm still far away, of being familiar with that music and there's tons of things i need to learn and there are many Tracks, producers, etc. i need to listen to.
but thank you guys, i appreciate that you listen to my music and telling me I'm doing fine...it gives me motivation, to work a little harder on it.

Well, got a new song and after it was finished I was kinda dissapointed, because i just couldn't get the ideas, which i had into it...so i thought either I'll throw it away or post it.

I thought posting would be better, because i can get some other opinions on it and learning from defeat is always better, than doing the same shit over and over again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJ5pD_yDQo

keep it up, gonna be massive. nice tunes already, the mixing n mastering will come with time and practice. keep werkin homie.

listened to the last 2, sounding really good, clear ideas and really quite melodic for dnb...

nice work!! good things to come... oh and you are allowed to start a new thread for new tunes you know that right??

Back
Top Bottom