New here--New track "Break A Heart" Acoustic/Ambient

Pandasign

Hey there,
Brand new here. First post. I figured I'd fish for some input on how my stuff is sounding. It's just the one song--the rest is kinda out of context :)

Any pointers on sounds, mix, composition or that sort of thing is welcome. No hard feelings.

http://www.myspace.com/ryanrossband

Much love,
Ryan

welcome fella.
Nice idea with the tune. Very original and much respect with playing an instrument anyday of the week.
Bass is nice and deep. I have to say it has a sort of underwater quality to it. Think you need to tweak the top end to lighten it a touch. Gives me the feeling of when you put a container over your ears.
Some of the synths and distortion near the end of the tune tend to fallout with the drumbeat and bassline, kind of jumbles alittle.
Really good idea and i think with some tweaking can be something pretty special.
Peace

Very cool man. I actually am in a very, and may I stress VERY, small home studio right now. I miss all my toys. :( I actually haven't tweaked at all and I'm sure I'll get around to it. My main concern is that oscillating frequency the bass has hogs the higher end of the spectrum--Drowns out the guitar samples. Gotta find some better hats too. :) Thanks for the reply dude.

Much love,
Ry

hello...

you should carryon them break beats that are in the intro thru all the way, nice playing man... good groove but seems to chop and change a little, tune has a nice feel to it just to stick or gel together more, very trippy and spacey tho, not bed man, keep that up...

peace.

Very cool. I've tweaked the bass up a bit cause it was just TOO intense. I'll bounce over a track with the breaks all the way through. Funny enough that was the original plan--but somehow it felt stale with the same breaks throughout the song. Maybe its time I do a little sample searching. =]

Much respect,
Ryan

Back
Top Bottom