new guy on the block

DJFactors

Hi im new to this and new to drum and bass really i thought id sign up to a drum and bass forum to try to promote my productions that i have written, i will give crit for crit if someone decides to have a look at them. :) thanks for the time,
DJ Factors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wvaLKkdfI thats my best one please take a look at the other ones on my profile if you like them. :)

talent and track review would have been the right forum..

anyways: the drums are pretty weak imho.. try layering them up some more, make the kick and snare stand out more in the mix and the riff seemed a little bit all over the place, try to eq the different sounds so they dont overlayer each other that much. read up about eqing, comression and mixdowns and stuff.. production basics so to say.

keep at it!

-Riser/Synth at 0:45 and ahead is overwhelmingly loud compared to the rest
-Kick drum sounds quite weak
-Sounds like you don't have any subbass? Or something... I dunno, needs more bass.
-I like the break at 2:20ish, nice and calm, good atmosphere to it

Good job man, keep at it

Welcome to the forum first of all,
Drums were pretty weak buddi
Agreed try layering a few samples up
Have a little look through the production forums
Youll find some very good infomation here =]
Try using Youtube for tutorials
What software are you using?

PS. Get a soundcloud account, its free and promotes a fairly good audio file

Last edited:
hey i use reason to make all my sounds and the drums and i use cubase to do my mastering with, like Gclip and limiters and stuff

Welcome to the gang mate! Havent had a chance to listen to the track yet but if these guys say to layer the drums then u probably should. We got some talented people here andall u gotta do is read up on all the shit we have around this section of the forum. I used to use reason. If u use the drums in a combinator and then add a scream unit set to tape distortion, then it gives a good bit of edge. Don't over do it though! I think that all made sense but I can't really tell... 5 in the morning and ive been out all night. For all I know I could have explained the theory of relativity. Unlikely but whatever...

Welcome to the forum first of all,
Drums were pretty weak buddi
Agreed try layering a few samples up
Have a little look through the production forums
Youll find some very good infomation here =]
Try using Youtube for tutorials
What software are you using?

PS. Get a soundcloud account, its free and promotes a fairly good audio file
Please can you send links for your mixes on PF radio I cant find them.

Back
Top Bottom