New guy from Australia

jack_40k

Hey guys,

I hope this is the first post of many to come from me. My name is Jack, I'm from Australia and I'm 18 years old. I already own a forum myself with many thousands of members, some of whom are professional DJs here and internationally.

I have always been interested in electronic music and one of my family members a famous DJ in France. Hence, I would love to follow in his footsteps - I'm really into DnB and would love to learn to produce.

I would really appreciate it someone could point me in the right direction. If there's a program / tutorial you could recommend to me, just so I can get the basics down, that would help me so much :)

Cheers, hope to hear from some of you,

Jack.

hey there. just take a gander around the production sections and watch tutorials on youtube.

for DAWs (digital audio workstation) check out cubase, reaper, reason and fruity loops. check out the demos and see what suits you the best.

Mad stuff, just looking through it at the moment.. I own www.melbshuffle.com

By the way, my favorite DnB artist is certainly Boris Netsky. His tracks are fantastic. What do you guys think of his stuff?

Last edited:
easy mate.. welcome to the forum.. gonna check your website

on the Netsky thing.. some quality tunes being produced by him.. but needs to add variety

his album was all a bit samey

really feeling iron heart, pirate bay, mellow and his remix of swedish house mafias!

EDIT: cool forum man.. but I dont realy understand what its all about to be honest! would say it needs a 'an introduction to the melbourne shuffle' section lol just a thought

Last edited:
haha true, a bit ridiculous... well I heard a few podcasts and it was a brit guy who referred to him as "Boris Netsky". Looked him up on google and sure enough that's him.

With the site, it's about an underground dance called the Melbourne Shuffle - affiliated with hardstyle/house kinda music - and there is an introduction section ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPaMdxC6CQI

There's an intro to it, I compiled the vid. Enjoy + thanks for help

and I was going to ask if you had a pet kangaroo. OK. well I won't . Production is where its at for you by the sounds of things...just got a M-Audio Audiophile 192/24 bit ...not bad...my studio has a moto 828 though. hardware is very cheap secondhand, so just waiting til I have the cash for holiday or a Nord synth....

Welcome Jack_40k!

My gf is from Melbourne, so I've been well schooled in the shuffle! lol... I'm due to visit oz in November and I'm looking forward to checking out the scene (and the weed!) when I get there, I'm expecting good things! Any recommendations will be welcomed.

Keep up the good work! Peace

Well, 3 posts in three weeks and all of them here, I guess you didn't really settle in. But then, you're in Melbourne and I'm not so probably you win.

Yeah but I've got a lot of stuff on at the moment, I don't know how to produce - I don't have a setup and I just finished downloading Cubase, fruity loops and the rest of it. I need some good tutorials to get me started, how did you guys all start?

The weed in Melbourne is terrible, don't look forward to that. There's a great scene here in terms of clubbing, I'd certainly check out Brunswick Street notably Q-bar, Bridie O'Reilys, Lucky Coq and Revolver. There's a tonne of places in the CBD for clubbing, just depends what you're into..

Back
Top Bottom