New dubstep WIP "Sensimo - Asian Dreamz" advice needed !

Intro is nice.
Don't like the low bass on the drop. Too big, too constant, not very dynamic.
Ideas ok tho.

1:24... that was awesome that you came in with a lead at that point, because I was about to say, "come in with a lead there". : )

This is weird:D I like it though... Perc sounds good
3:02 - that Lead reminds me of Jimmy Buffet for some reason, lol.

Something about the Bass is rubbing me the wrong way unfortunately. I think the notes are fine... something about the patch isn't right, there is some conflict with it and your KD.

4:12 - ahhhhhhhh... bingo! Right there on that one where you drop out that bass layer you'd been using... everything clears up and the KD has room to breathe in the Mix.

00:56 - 2:48 & 3:17 - 4:12 (whatever that other bass layer is), you need to do something with it, because it's robbing space in the mix from your KD badly.

The 303 Bass from 4:12 - 5:08 is solid and doesn't need anymore sub for backup imo... so whatever that other layer is, you only need it in the Midrange.

Weird tune, but I'm liking it. I don't know why you're calling this dubstep though, because it sounds like Downtempo or slow Breakbeat to me.

Just because a beat has the SD on the 3 does NOT make it dubstep.

Thanks for the feedback !

Weird tune, but I'm liking it. I don't know why you're calling this dubstep though, because it sounds like Downtempo or slow Breakbeat to me.

Just because a beat has the SD on the 3 does NOT make it dubstep.

I was having my doubts about this while making this track, but I think it's hard to decide when it is dubstep and when it's not :)

Thanks for the feedback !

I was having my doubts about this while making this track, but I think it's hard to decide when it is dubstep and when it's not :)

Lol... I'm quite biased towards "dubstep"... as imo: it's the biggest whore genre of all and doesn't even deserve to have it's own name. It steals Bass left and right from Nuskool Breakbeat and DnB along with all the Techy ideas from Electro/Nuskool/DnB and pretty much everything from every genre.

But I'm fussy like that : )))

Back
Top Bottom