New dubstep track

good buildup and pad at the beginning

bass sounds a bit flat and uninteresting to me, could use some more variation and excitement

Last edited:
the joker sample makes it seem like something big is going to happen. then, nothing happens :/. the bass is rly nice, just try adding some drop after the sample and faster bass/variation.
idk, cheers.

How I make those kinda sounds?

Synths (mostly 3 Osc) -> Distortion (analog and digital, have been a Metal Guitarplayer for years. Got proper Efx) -> EQ them -> Maybe some Unison and Pan FX -> Now double up the synths with 3 different filters (HP BP LP anything you like) -> LFO Sync -> EQ again -> Compress

That's it. :)

Keep it up my friends

What kind of OSC do you use or does it make a difference? Maybe just experiment with all sorts? Obviously certain types must be better than others...

I don't have alot of experience in bass creation with a synth...

Mostly Saw and some weird harsh I found in my synths. Mostly I use Reason plus some analog synths. In reason you got the subtractor synth which got some nice harsh waveforms.
The stupid thing about that is, you can't see the Waveforms (that's what I don't like about software synths).

Play around with the Phase of the Osc and the Modulation.

The Most important part is in my opinion the distortion and the EQs.

How I make those kinda sounds?

Synths (mostly 3 Osc) -> Distortion (analog and digital, have been a Metal Guitarplayer for years. Got proper Efx) -> EQ them -> Maybe some Unison and Pan FX -> Now double up the synths with 3 different filters (HP BP LP anything you like) -> LFO Sync -> EQ again -> Compress

That's it. :)

Keep it up my friends

How do you mean? And what do you use to create the LFO? Im on reason too.

At the moment ive got a Thor with 3 sawtooth Multi Ocs - Bandpassed going into a comb filter goin into a Scream unit and then into an EQ and then a unison. On the EQ ive upped the bass and on the scream unit ive just made it musch grittier. how would one go about automating the lfo sir? and would you automate the amp or a cutoff filter or what?

Hahahaha... that might just be the biggest load of shite evvvvver! did any of that make sense?

That's my whole secret. :D

I don't really like the scream distortion.

No Reason LFO. Don't like the timebar and the Units.

LFO is in another Program. Guess what :D

Back
Top Bottom