New dubstep track :Sensimo - Frontside Dubslide

Kibon

Blaze It Down !
VIP Junglist
This is a dubstep project from me on wich I have been working for some time now everytime I was a bit bored, had no inspiration for other tracks, etc.. and just to try out some new bass sounds so it's not really a serious project but still I would like to know what you guys and girls think about it..
I'm not sure about the ravey synth myself and I don't know what to think about the melody of the bass..

http://soundcloud.com/sensimo/frontside-dubslide

All feedback appreciated !

The intro sounded nice and atmospheric. I also like the bass alot. I agree with you on the synth though, not sure about that at all!

Cant really offer much more as I'm not that clued up on dubstep

That bass line needs to breathe a bit. It sounds too loud for one, and too squashed. The drums sound ok when the bass is silent but when it comes in they are KO'd.

The melody of the bass: sounds like it's changing key all the time but without direction.
If I was to be honest I would say this does sound like what it is, a track where you're experimenting with things.

Thanks for the feedback, think I'm going to do a totally different track but with those basses.. was thinking about a jungle track..

Jesus... this sounds huge. Everything is nice and out in front in the mix.

The lead at 0:44 isn't my cup, it doesn't sound in key. Hmmm, it sounds ok on the breakdown in a weird way...
I say only use that lead on the Breakdwn and not until that 1. It gives a nice build up into the big drop. You bring it back at 2:20... I don't think you need it anywhere but in the brkdwns imo. :clown:

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that DROP!!!!:not_worth
That is naaaasty.

2:54 - 3:06... I'd do some edits on those drums and make a nice little rolling build into the 2nd Drop.

Track is jamming except for the (imo) overuse of the peculiar Lead.

:rock:

1st things first, i like the intro but you could definately do with a better lead up to the drop imo. the bass is oryt, but i reckon u could be a bit more adventurous with the melody of it, gets abit tedious. me personally i prefer the 2nd drop. i dont like the synth at all n it does sound out of key. reali reali lyk the sample uv used, iv hurd it in quite a few tracks, sounds good. sorry if u dont like my comments, jus my opinion lol!

Thanks ! I'm going to replace the lead, I was just listening to it after not hearing it for a while and I have to admit it sounds totally shit :)
To Protoplasym : Big ups for the nice words !
To Substance2010: You never have to say sorry for an honnest comment :)

Back
Top Bottom