New drug-driving "drugalyser" laws

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Harry3, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

thats fucked up man, and here i was thinking that the welsh island and its subsidiaries was progressing in a drug liberal way? or what, is this just to do with driving intoxicated? because its a real funny feeling knowing youre illegal as an organism cos your blood has thc in it from second hand smoke from say a festival in denmark.

this has been the law in sweden for a very long time. you cant go to, say, denmark or holland or spain, and smoke weed because its legal there or legislation is more relaxed, and then come home, nope, no sir, that defence is no longer viable, if you have something in your blood you, my friend, are guilty of narcotics something or other, and in sweden, that equals you are fucked. normally they dont do blood test, cos it costs too much (or that is the myth at least, dont know what its like on the welsh island, do they do blood tests left right and center? no, right? its just piss?) i think cannabis goes out of your piss after like a month, if you been smoking chronically, and out the blood, i errrr... dont remember. i dont use drugs. but it stays in the blood for aaages, and then theres the spine test, where they can see anything you took, ever, but its said to be very costly. acid doesnt show on any test cept for spine. is the myth at least, fuck, now that im not into that crap its so funny if i think about how much of my knowledge is just myth and what some guy told me when we were smoking at a party

3. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

I know right!

The UK is so fucking shit right now its unbelievable. Once these cops pull you over and smell weed, out will come the weed breathaliser and bang goes your license.

This is going to fuck so many people up, the bastards.

4. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I don't agree with it, but you can't blame them/couldn't say you didn't see it coming?

I would argue I am as, if not more innebriated off smoking a zoot vs 2 pints though?

You have to look at it from that perspective too... Leys be honest, weed isn't legal & its kind of been a "lets turn a blind eye to drug driving" approach in the uk up until now.

Thiw thread will however fill up with butthurt weedheads & become cancer quite rapidly.

5. logikz

Oooh looka mee I'm moskit the arse-peen oooh. Why don't you go make sandwiches ok? Leave the grown up talk to the grown up, ok lil buddy?

RUSSLA, Forau, Teddy and 4 others like this.
  6. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

I can't drive and I rarely take drugs so it doesn't really affect me.
    I just hope no one I know gets fucked over by it.

7. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

They've said this every year for the past ten years I've never seen it implemented. Bet it never really happens.

Either way I ride a push bike so I can get as intoxicated as I like.

8. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Re: New drug-driving "drugalyser" laws

Fella i know from south africa passed his civilian, military and ambulance driving test while lean. As far as he's concerned he's only licensed to drive while baked.

- - - Updated - - -

Might have something to do with you being a professional drinker though Andy....?
    You cant make that comparison. Entirely different things with entirely different effects. Im not defending either substance here, both are damaging in their own way, but im sick of people comparing the two.

9. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

I agree with drugalysing but it should only be if the effects of those drugs, illegal or legal, impairs your ability to drive at that very moment.

Not if youre found with a drug in your system you took a month ago...

Frankly anyone who thinks its OK to drive high because it makes you "concentrate more" is a mug.

Dagz, herojuana, Vanden and 1 other person like this.
  10. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

basically im just not going to blaze in my car anymore.. as far as im concerned they will only pull you up on it if it stinks of ganja in your whip..

plus everyone knows that once your pulled over, if you dont get out and approach the copper then your automatically a drunk murderer.

11. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Shut it tone you queer.

You'll do as your wife tells you from now on...

logikz and hyperd4eva like this.
  12. logikz

Yeah really Ryton. Mug.

13. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

If your impaired, you shouldnt drive. When I lived in Thailand I saw a place where nigh on everyone drives fucked up. Lost count of the amount of god awful scenes I had happened upon driving around there. Mostly from people messed up in some way.

I would be worrying more about people driving round on prescription meds like Valium or other similar stuff. That stuff severly reduces your motor skills!! The 70's must have been fun with half the housewives around being off their nut on Valium all day

14. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Well watching this id be fucked and check out the test! The question is how long does it take cannabis to come out of the sliver ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  15. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

That's some proper bullshit. All that speculative talk about "are you aware of the limit?" "seems to smell like cannabis" Classic police tactics.

Still sceptical this will ever actually happen. If it does then don't admit shit. Doubt one of those machines is accurate enough for your solicitor to be able to suggest that it wasn't effecting your driving at the time. I.E just left over traces from when you were high

16. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

So say someone who doesn't smoke weed has been sitting in a room full of people bunning up, drives home and gets pulled over for say a tail light out, officer smells weed on his clothes, swabs his cheek and its positive. How can they account for that?

17. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

The police just recently had to implement laws that mean they have to have a good reason to pull you over, due to complaints from people saying that they were being pulled over unreasonably. This is just basically making that time you get pulled over buttrape day by them covering all angles.

Unless you are driving around at silly o clock with a car full of yutes doing 50 mph in a 30 you aren't going to get pulled over.

This is just scaremongering, especially as the legalisation train seems to be going full steam ahead in recent times, they need to cover all angles.

18. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Does not sound like they can for now, and that means if your in that room full of people, you are in a bit of a pickle.

But thinking about it, Drink Driving has a limit, is there any proposed limit for the Drugalyser? If if you are hot then you are hot? game over? Or does there have to be a quantifiable "amount" of how you test by? Could they reliably extrapolate a level of weed in your body from it? If not, its going to be a mess legally and the courts are going to be full of people contesting charges cause they had some Dr Greenfinger in Dam/Last Week/in contact with others smoking.

Ah Well, get the bus init.

19. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

I would consider this a sign they are getting even closer to legalisation. Why legislate this if it's illegal?

Agent Smith likes this.
  20. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/2868/regulation/2/made