NEW DNB TUNE CALLED DEADMAN

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist
started this the other day its still work in progress
think it may need a better mixdown an some tweeks here an there
but im fairly happy with it so far i think.
i think i prefer the second half not sure tho.lol
all feedback is welcome
cheers
http://soundcloud.com/marlok/deadman-clip

didn't like that intro to be brutally honest... the passed drums sound a bit funny, but i reckon that will be fixed with some mixdown tweaks! i think it was that attempt at switching the drums up to a jungle sound at the end of the 16 that i didn't like?

anyways, tune has a good vibe, wicked hat elements and the bass rolls well nicely although i'm too keen on the actual sound?

hope that helps bud (y)

cheers mate
yea im not sure on the intro either i seem to be using filtered drums on my intros to much lately!lol
ill see what i can do to sort it out
quick question tho which bit did u prefer the 1st bit with the faster soundin drums or the 2nd with the 2 step kinda drums if u no what i mean.lol

intro part, i would have liked to hear that background synth turned up a bit more and also i didn't like how the snare sounds like it changes to a new snare from 0:19 - 0:22
bassline sounds sick on the first part, good rhythm and flow to it

and thank you for having an alternate but similar bassline to the first on the second part, it sounds so much better when people do this and it adds so much variety
great work, both basslines are awesome and work great together

nice track, wicked synth sounds. if u keep the filtered drums for the intro i would add some other unfiltered bits over the top like at the start of bars or something. not keen on the kick level variation between 0.10 - 0.20 if thats intentional? know u asked richie and not me but i prefer the first section, the synth has a cheeky driving kind of funk feel to it

cheers guys
ill see what i can do about fixin stuff up.
oh an urbansquad theres no plugins here just made the bass myself on reason

Yeah man respect for that, do ya know what plugin or what sound Sub Zero (Tru Playaz) uses in this track. sound I'm after comes in at 1:31 of this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGAigYKxYVo Ya got any hints on tips how to create this sound? Thanx alot and much respect bruv

u mean the sort of sharper sound if u get me?
im not quite sure about plugins to be honest
i dunno how is make it either lol ive tried makin some sounds like that before but dint get there try postin that question in the production section im sure someone will be able to help you

Love that bass, rather filthy.

Much prefer the first half though, not quite feeling the 'steppy' stuffs.

Sample sounds great, intro & outro could have a bit more going on, I like the idea of adding unfiltered sounds on top of it.

didnt think the drums were that great. defo mix it down proper, maybe add some more subtle fx and make the intro a tad more interesting.
especially liked the steppy part tbh!
nice one

cheers mate
out of interest what did u not like about the drums the sound of em the way they are in the mix or sumfin else?

think it was the sound, but cant remember right now really. will have another listen later when im home at my monitors.

and btw, could you give me some tipps on how to make them drums as steppy as within the second part?
nice one.

cheers guys
@groelle for the drums i literally just changed the position of the second kick thats about it.lol

bass is fuckin huge mate! propa nice sound. def not too keen on the intro needs more elements. big tune tho bro, nicely done

Back
Top Bottom