Drum & Bass New DnB Track For Feedback/Criticism

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by RedApple, Jul 6, 2015.

?

Would you buy this?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. RedApple

RedApple New Member

Hey peeps,

Wrote this new dnb track and i would like to know what you guys think about it, please just say what you think about it, absolutely any feedback would be appreciated!

Nuff Love

2. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Post in the New Talent section at the top buddeh (y)

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

No I would not buy it. It is not because the track is horrible, but because the mix does not sound pro. The drums are cool and so is the sound. The track is in fact lovely but it is not up to standard. Please, believe me I am not trying to be a dick. I just think you need more time to develop the finer parts of your craft. It's in the details that separate us amateurs from the professionals.
    Keep at it though.

BeSexy likes this.
  4. RedApple

RedApple New Member

IV4 - Hey man, thats good feedback.. I'm currently producing on a £30 hi-fi system from curry's, which is annoying because i feel that monitors and a good listening environment would enable that proffessionalism, would you agree? or is there anything in particular you think i should work at?..

Again many thanks :)

Nuff Love

5. RedApple

RedApple New Member

Also, if i may give you some feedback on your track soul2soul.. The drop sounds like it's lacking alot of high end sparkle.. The snare could come up a bit and be a bit brighter, some space around your kick drums somehow, along with some more body, could emphasize the slammin break you've made.. Just some sparkle and some space in the drums.. However the bass is nice and the scond drop is banging..

Thanks again for your feedback sir :)

6. Summers

Summers Member

If you don't have good monitors, what you have to do is find a song that is fairly similar to yours, run it through a spectrum analyzer, and note down the decibal levels for the different elements (kick, snare, bass, cymbals) and match your tracks levels to theirs. However this doesn't automatically give you a good mix down because you're sounds could be much quieter/ less processed than theirs, so play your tune through as many different reference speakers as possible and keep going back to it, this will allow you to pick out elements that are maybe too loud or too quiet. Also learn eq better and sidechain

BeSexy likes this.
  7. RedApple

RedApple New Member

I did actually have a few muted references in this track but i thought i didn't need to use them.. Stupid of me, but i will due'ly note your feedback, i very much appreciate it.. Owen

8. BeSexy

BeSexy New Member

nice feels. The profffesional sounds come afterwards......Good to show CREATIVITY in songs not just how much money you got to spend on gear/services

Keep coming up with good ideas and don't fall into "whats professional" for that comes after popularity ;)

RedApple and IV4 like this.
  9. RedApple

RedApple New Member

Cheers.. I think creativity is a precious thing and your feedback will go a long way with me now, so thanks again, really appreciated!!