New DNB-Drumstep song CHECK IT PLEASE

i didnt realise you put it in here afterwards haha, oh well.

um, to be honest mate it wasnt the best, technically, musically, i guess its fine for dubstepish kinda stuff, but it had a distinct lack of lows really, are you using monitors? because that could be part of your problem if you dont have any, the main bassy part also had no real bass in it, it all sounded very thin and plain and also for me panned to the right a lot

i use bose noise cancelling headphones cos im away from home. umm ive only been makin music for a few months so my mastering is shit!
i just cant hack the hi hats either. i just dont want to download loops or samples.
i dont have monitors at home i have logitech z-2300's 120w sub and its really cheap!
i use logic pro what about you?

thanks for the comment!

ok, well headphones arent going to be ideal, even if they are studio headphones, although in saying that there are producers out there who just use headphones, mistabishi being one i believe, correct me if im wrong

hi hats, they are difficult, but theres no shame in getting old funky breaks and slicing and tweaking them up to give your beat some shuffle and fullness, layer some kicks and snares from breaks over the top of your electronic kick and snare to make them sound more natural, try high passing some older slpashy breaks, keep it quiet in the background and add a simple artificial hat rhythm, and use break hats too, they can add some nice verb and flow to your beat. just keep trying different ideas and techniques

i dont know the exact model of your logitechs but i used to use a 2.1 system back in the day and it really is not good haha, think of it as you are trying to learn to ski and you dont have any skiis, haha .. or something..

im using ableton live, personally i find it great, could talk about it how awesome it is for hours.. apart from the crashing and bugs, but its worth it!

just keep at it, dont worry about ''mastering'' right now, just listen to your tune along side of another tune, or mix it on some software or something, and then try and firgure out what it could use, and what its lacking

hope some of this helps!

agree with the above, get sum monitors, or at least refrence the track on some speakers, the ideas in the track are good, just need to get them all nice and big nd working together, at the moment it almost sounds like they are playing out of a phone, and only the kick and mid-range bass feel like they are working together, everything else is jst background, i quite like the minimal drums, but they dont carry the energy of that bassline very well

Drums was weak
Maybe the bass could be little more filthyer.
Try to add more raw into bass and make it bigger
that was interesting track but didnt like that bass synth .

thanks for the replys, maybe because im using headphones i cant really feel the mids and highs.
anyone know any good quality sample packs for jumpup?
when i get back to london ill buy some monitors, what are the best for money?
thanks guys!
MM

Back
Top Bottom