New DJ needs to get out there

E-rekd

Hi i am an 18 year old dj that has been mixing for 4 years and has done everything possible to get recognised in the conservative pit of east suffolk my nearest town is Ipswich and if you have ever been there you will know that its the worst town in the world the clubs (if you can call them that need up dating and keeping with the times) i mix drum and bass and there is no scene for that here at all its all R n B and comercial hip hop i am currently working for a promotion company, i got recognised by them by winning their yearly competition i was competing agains a couple of dj who have all been mixing for more than 8 years and have had the chance to mix out at the occasional drum and bass night in my region. I am getting demos printed of as i type where are the best places to send them as i have been told some people just through them in the bin withought listening? thanks E-rekd

well mate a good way to start is to get some mixes on the net. if you want i can host a mix or 2 of yours as my site is always looking for new talent. drop me a PM if you want mate

ez

ez now

I know where you're coming from. Its an up hill struggle if you're after dj sets and you are not producing/promoting. Competitions/warm ups/smaller scale parties are certainly the ones to hit at the mo, get your name out there, know the people who run/dj/mc at parties etc.

Promoting - now you're already working with a promotion company so use it to your advantage. Identify a few close nights and offer to help um out with flyering/postering.

If I was in your position I'd find a small club in your hometown, and run your own night. Surely your promotions company will help you out. Build yaself a small following and start booking in other djs dj/promoters mc's on exchanges.

Net - getting mixes on the net is excellent aswell, there are alot of good ones out there though.....I always try n do something different with a mix in attempt to stand out, kinda worked.
If ya wanna try hooking up something in Ipswich send me an email (dj_klusta@hotmail.com), always looking for new projects ;)

yeah, i'm close to Ipswich... i've got an event being organised as we speak, 'Infusion' in my sleepy town..or at least, is it so sleepy. I'd be well up for setting you up to play at the event if you want?

Back
Top Bottom