New Dj Hype Interview talks on a number of things good read!

pyro_uk

http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/interview_details/id/110 full interview

hype's a top guy and honest as usual talks on his Lifetime achievement award, consistency, Drum `n` Bass Essentials CD and more

Pyroradio.com: How did the CD come about and how did you compile it?

Dj Hype: I used to do compilations for Warner in 1999 and 2000 with Jungle Massive. Then in I think 2004 I done a similar project. Then Drum and Bass Arena approached me to do one in 2007 with Ministry and that was a big success it’s sold over 50,000 to date, then last year Drum and Bass Arena asked me to do another one because of the success of the last CD, but when we sat down it wasn’t with Ministry it was with a different company and it the deal wasn’t quite as good, I probably still would have done it but what happened was Warner gave me a call and I remember how good they were from the CD’s I previously done with them, so I spoke to Drum and Bass Arena and they understood , they were like if we were you we’d do it, it was a better budget. Then compiling it was left to me, the only track they insisted on was the Pendulum track, I’ve got nothing against Pendulum but this year they’ve been very much in the pop market doing there rock and roll stuff I’m not knocking them because that’s what they do but I don’t play that so I was arguing with the people, so they gave me the Clipse tune but I wasn’t mad on it, usually I would say fuck off but I thought Pendulum is a big name a lot of people would like it, I’ve got 56 tracks on there and if you look I put it on their last (laughs). There’s Pendulum stuff I love but it hasn’t been this year, there was a track I wanted to put on there, it was an old track that never came out that I still play and it kills it, but because of legal reason’s I couldn’t put on there. When I do these projects I look at my bag and think what am I playing out and I pretty much keep it as tight as possible, but obviously with these you had to get permission so it was a bit of a pain of an arse because you end up with 70 tracks, because you don’t know who will say yes or no and it is hard to pick 70 tunes and whittle it down to 56 tunes and mix them so they all flow.

i wonder if it's ok for him to put that stuff about warner and not liking the clipz remix?

good interview

yer its a good read but the grammer and flow of what is said is sooo staggered n shockingly written. anyway i rekon hype does well for himself and is a big player in the scene hu has done alot to push and develop it bhut because of that he is reli arrogant... he thinks that if he thinks summat is shit then its shit and doesnt deserve any credit regardless fo whether its not his taste.

meh its interesting

yer its a good read but the grammer and flow of what is said is sooo staggered n shockingly written. anyway i rekon hype does well for himself and is a big player in the scene hu has done alot to push and develop it bhut because of that he is reli arrogant... he thinks that if he thinks summat is shit then its shit and doesnt deserve any credit regardless fo whether its not his taste.

meh its interesting

He did however admit he is wrong sometimes and that he HAS been proven wrong by some of his crew.
The first time Ive ever heard him say that.

meh its interesting

But he's right, its shit, an he's been in the scene long enough to know wats good n wats not. Not wat sells an wat doesnt cause thats clearly not the issue here. But his judgment is mostly right as he has been exposed to all types of music. Respect to him, some1ns gota be straight wiv some of these producers!

meh its interesting

:teeth:

yer
grammer
n
rekon
hu
bhut
reli
summat
fo
pot-kettle-black.jpg

:lol:

hype's a straight up legend, knows what he likes and what wil sell and doesn't bullshit about it, need more peeps like that.

Back
Top Bottom