New Dimensions – An Interview with Cern

InReach

Let’s be honest, there are very few things in life that are worse than weekday mornings. When my alarm goes off at 6am (then again at 6:10, standardly) and I know I’m about to embark on an hour long journey through Shanghai’s overcrowded metro system, the only thing that could potentially put a smile on my face is the prospect of finally bagging a copy of that tune that’s been driving me mad for the last few months. A few weekdays ago that release was Cern – ‘Hollow Moon VIP/Tiamat VIP’ and the label was Dispatch Dubplate.

It speaks volumes about a producer when their latest musical output is seen as more of an event than a release and for me, there are none more deserving of that title than Cern. After his album ‘Under Another Sky’ received rave reviews earlier this year we’ve all been waiting with baited breath for the reworks of both Hollow Moon and, from the aforementioned album (sampler), one of personal favourite tracks Tiamat. In true Cern/Dispatch Dubplate style, this release certainly didn’t disappoint so when the opportunity to grab Cern for an interview came my way I virtually jumped at the chance. Discussing all things Dispatch, Dimensions and Drum and Bass, here’s what he had to say . . .

dispatch-dubplate_vinyl-label-virtual-4800x4800-e1442729832506.jpg

Back
Top Bottom