New Dimension single, 'Panzer'

I don't even understand why everyone thinks he copies the CS style. Maybe the drums have similiar characteristics, but i think other elements are different in many ways. I would go as far as to say Dimension created his own style.
And as we all know, dnb is repetitive, right?

For me it's the bass, ever since CS remixed 'Your Love' by Moko, Dimension seemed to produce a very similar bass in that tune with Friction, a similar one in 'Pull Me Under' and in Dark Lights. Someone else must hear this style of bass too?

Also goes without saying that 'Love To Me' is just another 'Take You Higher'. 'Machinen' is just another 'Like It Hard'. 'Command' is ever so similar to 'Footloose'.

I don't even understand why everyone thinks he copies the CS style. Maybe the drums have similiar characteristics, but i think other elements are different in many ways. I would go as far as to say Dimension created his own style.
And as we all know, dnb is repetitive, right?

To an extend that's no problem but some people are just really obviously copying other people. Just check the last comments. dnb is only as repeptitive as you allow it to be.
Give you an example: I don't think Stray copied track after a track from someone else. Tried to branch out and make something different out of his comfort zone. That's exciting for me. If you don't mind, fair enough. I do mind because I don't want to hear tracks over and over.
In all honesty tho, he stepped out of his zone with Whip Slap. Funny how you suddenly saw people like Chase & Status copying that :rolleyes:

I definitely like Dimension I just imagine his tunes as being new Culture Shock tunes.... Whip Slap is a mix of Monolith and 2012 lol!

To me, Culture Shock's music has more replay value. There have been times when I've listened to a song of his for the nth time and I hear a sound that I hadn't noticed before. I haven't had that experience with Dimension yet. I know part of it is age/experience, but even with some of CS's older songs from when he was about the age Dimension is now I've had it happen.

Back
Top Bottom