New Dawn (WIP)

SIRUS

変なひと
VIP Junglist
Just started out and really don't know what I'm doing. I have no idea how to mix this properly, or whether I really like the lay out, but need advice on where to go with this to make it less boring.

Only spent 5 hours last night on it. it is a rough sketch of what I want but like every tune I've ever tried to make I lose it and abandon it. Want to try to get this finished though, so any advice welcome especially in the mix - techniques to bring it to life basically.

very nice chilly tune. bit empty for my taste, I would add some stretched vocal phrases if it would be my track, VOCALISE is perfect for that.
your piano remind my well of etherwood, very well done. how did you do it? nice track ! :2thumbs:

As someone just starting out I can immediately tell you have a very good ear. My advice would be to just keep making tunes - even if you can't finish them now. Compare your tracks to other artists that are more established and get a feel for how their instruments sit in the mix.

Yes, Lovely and i like the emptiness...

Some variation at 2 mins would set it off i think. Could probably get away with a new sound infact?

Mix sounds good for starting out... Its proabably the hardest part tbh, just watch as many tuts as you can find/bear on Compression and EQ.

Really nice though man! baasline i lov

this is wicked man, defo got the ideas there and the structure is good, the bird sounds might need to be a tad lower, love the sub bass carries well, the clicky tops are sweet and the flute later on gives it variation - i enjoyed it bud, just a bit to do here and there :)

I really like this tune its right up my street.
i feel it would be good to take the bass somewhere else even if it is for just 16 bars just so the ear doesn't get to board.
As someone just starting out I can immediately tell you have a very good ear. My advice would be to just keep making tunes - even if you can't finish them now. Compare your tracks to other artists that are more established and get a feel for how their instruments sit in the mix.
i also total agree with what @Treatem said here you will learn more by making more tunes, if your finding it hard start a new one!

Ben

Thanks for all the comments. Given this a rest for a bit and started other tracks, so I can go back to this fresh and give it some variation it clearly needs. Definitely needs some vocal samples to give it a bit more life.

Back
Top Bottom