New DAW, new Track! Prophet - Into the Night

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Hi guys and gals, havnt posted anything new for a while as I've been spending alot of time trying to learn a new style.

In amongst learning this new style, I have taken the leap and got a new DAW! I have jumped ship from FL Studio, over to Ableton Live 8, and I can safely say I'm glad I made the change!

Anyway, the new style I'm trying to master is Minimal Drum and Bass, I really love the style at the moment, so wanted to try my hand at it.

Because of my time away from here, the change of style, and the change of software, I am pleased to bring you now, my 1st track ever made in Ableton, and you can have it for free, as a way of saying I'm sorry for being away from the forum for a while!

You swapped to Ableton too then? heheh. Did same from Cubase last year sometime. Havn't regreted it for a second!
Tune has come out pretty good too dude. Did the bass line, drums are nice and clear too.
Seems like your getting the hang of it for sure.
Keep up the good work!

this is good man has a nice groove, wud like something more in there for something ifd i wasnt going to buy it, but as a free DL its up there man, like it alot!

I think the intro has too much kicks.. and u could safely turn up the backround atmos abit, i nearly cant hear them, just the loud kick. other than that its pretty sweet man;P

cant understand why anyone wants to change from fl, but ok :D track is dope anyways..

i particularly liked the atmosphere you were going for, but thought the kick was a bit too long and the clap/snare thingy could use some more definition.

id also loose those doublekicks in the intro, try leaving out some kicks and snares instead of filling in more for a change, as you said you wanted to make it minimal ;)

sounds like nfs most wanted soundtrack anyways, big ups!

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

oh nice one fishy, didnt read your reply as it took me 10 mins to have a proper listen :D

Cheers peeps.

Gonna leave this one as it is for now as it's my 1st trial run in Ableton, and it's up for a free DL, so didnt plan on being to picky with it. Thanks for the suggestions tho!

Intro is boring, needs spicing up a little. Not to my taste, seems like you've got the hang of Ableton, I swear by it. Although I can't get my Moog little Phatty to work on it yet!!!!!!!!!

kool track man! feels like its missing sum hi-mid range, and got a bit to much low-mid comin off the bass, sounds are clear, but lackin a bit of punch, great stuff still, all the stuff goin on is very kool, and good shit movin to Ableton! tis tha Bollox :D

how was the transition from fl studio to ableton?? I'm also thinking to try ableton... Sometimes fl works like shit... Btw, intro's a bit repetative, till 1:19 than it's nice and clean.

It's a completely different setout to FL, but I found the transition fairly easy thanks to DJ Bluey (The owner of UKDNB) who basically sat there with me for a day via AIM giving me some lessons. I think if I had tried to work it all out myself I wouldnt have had a clue!

Best thing I ever done was make the switch though, I absolutely love Ableton! I'm not taking anything away from FL, it done me proud for a couple of years, but I'm not gonna be going back anytime soon

nice work man, i use fl studio and have ableton live 8, still learning ableton before i make a full tune, i like this one man, something i can relate to.

Back
Top Bottom