New dark track up -> Sensimo - The unforgettable

That is one brutal track. The break that kicks in , for example, at 4:02 is a bit overpowering and i`m sure at times sounds like its 'running away' from the groove - at that point can't really hear the main snare clearly. Main drum riff is great with great sounds but the finer 'note' of the bass drum get lost ones the track gets going, maybe because the bass tone and an element of the bass drum are in the same place. From the WAV on Soundcloud you can see the dynamics of the track are minimum. There is a tone that mirrors the bass line, i think you should look at an alternative melody that runs twice as long as the bass riff rather than simply duplicate it. BUT this dark hardstep sort of stuff is not a style of music that i would buy these days so discount my feedback !

Thanks for the comments !
Jens : thanks for checking out my other tracks to !
And to oria; nice one for commenting on the mixdown, I really need that because my speakers are shit for producing so I need to know how they sound on other people's speakers..

But I was wondering how you can see this ? :)
From the WAV on Soundcloud you can see the dynamics of the track are minimum.

That KD and SD combo sound awesome. Bass is badass... big and fuzzy. The hi hat you add at 0:31 is piercing in my headphones.

Going back and forth from 0:11 - 1:41 is like night and day... your Percussion isn't cutting through the mix later on because of something, maybe a HPed drum layer or some of your hats are clouding things?... maybe the Sub has too much going on in the 160-600 range?... dunno.

But listen to how well your KD and SD cut through and jam early on in the track when there's nothing else going on in the mix.

The track is ruthless and I like it a lot... I wish your drums would cut through the Bass/etc like they do early in the mix though.

:jamon:

Back
Top Bottom