Garage New Dark Garage WIP :)

parsons19

VIP Junglist
I know people was saying that I need to get the other WIP finished but I won't be going back too that for a week or two now!

So I have something else to share with you! :) I am actually quite feeling this one.

This has all been done through Computer Speakers so far so you may find some stuff is too loud, or too quiet. Am more looking for feedback on the music as I haven't really got round to making it sound nice yet!

Hope you enjoy it,

Jordan

Hmm... the vox hits are far too dry right now, and loud, need lots of verb n delay slapped on em! Drum work needs quite a bit of work too matey....Sorry, I sound really negative on this, but I know you can do better!

No worries man :)

I will give the vox some love!

As for the drums do you mean the sounds? or the beat? or like lack of variation? or all of the above! :lol:

in regards to the drums i think the samples are nice, maybe add a fill somewhere... that kick needs to be really powerful, try layering another one or using some plugins to beef the original sample up, same goes for all the percussion try using an exciter on them and panning the different elements into their own space, that'd be somewhere to start, will help you be able to hear each element a lot clearer. The idea is as good as any future garage tune i've heard before, have another go and make sure you link me the finished version!

safe :)

decent effort on this. the vox are very garagey and sound right i like them. the pads cool as well fresh an crisp.
not alot to say other than whats already been mentioned. just seems a tad 'bare' but u aint finished it anyway so all good.

Hmm... the vox hits are far too dry right now, and loud, need lots of verb n delay slapped on em! Drum work needs quite a bit of work too matey....Sorry, I sound really negative on this, but I know you can do better!

Sorry bro, only listened to this on my laptop with my earbuds, but I gotta agree with everything Fletch said. Sounds like the track wants to break free but is kind of stuck right now, I think adding plenty of delay and reverb to the vocals will really bring up the energy and as far as the drums go I'm thinking more movement in the hi-hats would be mint!

Howdy guys,

done a new version:

Its a bit quieter than before as I had play around with a mixdown. However, I think the vox are too quiet and so is the pad! Seems ok though... :lol:

Mainly want feedback on how the vox and percs sound now!

You will be getting lots of little bits like this, my workflow is actually rather slow now and I can spend weeks on a tune. I just want to share them with you :) If I can get this one sounding cool it might land a spot on EP Vol. 2...

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry by the way T:M. Haven't added any beat changes yet, just been working on the sound...

Back
Top Bottom