New D&B Track, constructive critisizm please...

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by DJDeeeNBee, Oct 2, 2010.

1. DJDeeeNBee

DJDeeeNBee Member

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

hi-freqz on the pads need a bit more control, and sumtimes (just for a moment at a time, on the swel i think) they are well out of tune with the rest of the track, are the intro pads panned? its a bit offputting and confusing. bassline feels like its havin trouble keeping up with the breaks to me, needs beefin u a bit, I was expecting it to drop hard after the 1st bar, i think it could do with a fat drop into those breaks, i'm bein harsh tho, nice balance of sounds, breaks are fat, tis a pretty sweet track, better mastering than most of my attempts lol. the 2nd breakdown seems unfinished to me?

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

mixdown seems a bit off to me, drums seem a bit wishy washy and all over the place, tighten them up and i think it might help that b-line come through... which imo could do with being a few notes higher ;)

4. DJDeeeNBee

DJDeeeNBee Member

thankyou for that, i know what you mean, its kind of hard to master stuff though with a crappy netbook and headphones haha :) will improve it soon

5. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

to me, this sounds killer, very oldschool, could do on a 90's rave for sure... too bad we can't travel in time... =(
    :cries:

6. DJDeeeNBee

DJDeeeNBee Member

im only 16 but that styles the best ;)

7. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

this sounds good man only listening on headphones but its a nice use of the breaks!

8. DJDeeeNBee

DJDeeeNBee Member

Still don't know how to embed soundcloud on here, so once again www.soundcloud.com/timdnbtunes
    Click on mix 2
    Improved version i hope, and thanks luciduk, love chopping up a good amen :)

9. DJDeeeNBee

DJDeeeNBee Member