New computer

Hahahahahha, couldnt help myself!

Right, lets begin.

Intel® Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor 2.33GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache

The Q6600 - even though its only .7 GHz faster, its a hell of a lot quicker than the Q8200, plus it will easily overclock to 3.0 GHz on just air cooling.

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

No comment.

4GB DDR2 667MHz memory

Well thats funny, as Windows Vista® Home Premium is a 32-bit operating system, it can only ever address 3GB of memory, so that extra Gig will never ever get used.

NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 onboard graphics

For £500 i would expect a dedicated graphics card, you might not play games, but if your processor has to deal with rendering your graphics aswell as everything else, its not gonna be as fast as a dedicated card.

18-in-1 media card reader

Who uses these. Really.

Packard Bell iMedia X2416 with 20" TFT

Dont hold your breath with this one, enjoy your dead pixels/washed out colours/1 year warranty thats just long enough to cover the monitors life time.

PC World

Says it all really.

Oh, and before you macfags chip in:

watermark.php

i would personaly recommend building your own..... for the same price you could build a far superiour audio machine...

for less than £400 i built this.....

Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz CPU
MSI Neo2-FR Mobo
2x 1GB quality OCZ platinum ram
500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA HDD
Antec Sonata silent case with quality 500w PSU
MSI nVidia GeForce 7300GS GFX

and the spec could easily be upgraded for not much more...

if you really dont think your up for it, look for a shop on ebay, custom built pc's go for cheap

Ch4ndler;447701 [U said:
18-in-1 media card reader[/U]

Who uses these. Really.

:word: :lol:

yaga yaga yaga

so true, and you dont have to have a MAC, thats just preferance.

Logic? Nuendo? Cuebase? they all do the same things.

if you want the ultimate horse power, custom build it - i love macs to bits, got a G3 myself, but they are WAY overpriced for what it is really is, (a pc with a different operating system)

looks likea good deal there though, you could def make beats on that no worrys

Im not a PC because I can afford a MAC.

If your gonna get a pc build one your self man, you get what you want and if it fucks up you can fix it.

Most people who go on about MACs all the time bitching about there for queers its just because there bitter and they would have one if they could, although i work on both platforms Osx and Windows. Each one has its own advantages its all down to preference and money really.

Im not a PC because I can afford a MAC.

If your gonna get a pc build one your self man, you get what you want and if it fucks up you can fix it.

Most people who go on about MACs all the time bitching about there for queers its just because there bitter and they would have one if they could, although i work on both platforms Osx and Windows. Each one has its own advantages its all down to preference and money really.

Busted. Would love a macbook air, but for the meantime I HATE MACS CUZ THRE SHITE ND LOK GAY ND AL MAC USRS FNGER THR BUMS ND OTHR MAC USRS BUMS!

I use a dell latitude d600 1.7ghz celeron with 512mb ram all the time with reason. Vst's like massive have an issue!(But thats due to soundcard playback) and i use an external monitor. It works fine even with several reason applications open (and i make huge reason files ie. 3-4 mixers full with combinators). Any p.c in todays market for over 300 quid will work without hassle. I would suggest Ebay/ebuyer for your p.c. The only upper p.c world has over internet purchase is an easy replacement under warentee and excelent customer service.

Back
Top Bottom