New chill dnb track

scrTchs

OPTION_DNB
Hey guys,
So I've got this chill dnb track that I've been struggling with getting a good mix on. I was hoping some of you guys can shed some light on what I could do to make the mix sound better. I have this one on soundcloud and I've made a few different mix downs since uploading it, but I haven't made it much better. Any feedback would be awesome!

Really the only thing that's bugging me as I listen to it is that your snare doesn't seem to really smack hard enough for my liking. Overall i feel you did good. Maybe use some bussed effects (verb etc) to help fill out the vocals/upper shtuff? some of your your synths have some great delay etc on it that makes them really full.. the vocal feels almost.. too dry? in comparison..

again this is all just my opinion, overall i really like the tune mate, good job.

Thanks for the reply! I felt like my snare was weak. I will work on that as well as trying some effects on the vocals.

I would try panning the vocals left and right as well as keeping a vocal track in the middle. A shaker coming in at the b line would be interesting too.

I would try panning the vocals left and right as well as keeping a vocal track in the middle. A shaker coming in at the b line would be interesting too.

Hmmm, that's a good idea. To be clear, you mean literally pan one copy of the vox right, and one left then keep one copy center to give it width? The shaker is a good idea as well, I'm gonna give it a go today! Thanks for the reply man!

Yes sir, some slightly different effects on the split channels could be useful too.

Yeah, to add to what IV4 said... On the split channels that you've panned, change the effects from the original channel but make sure both splits are different from each other too (nothing too, too drastic though). This, when done right, should help add more width. Splitting the channel and not changing the effects will not have the same effect

Great selecion of samples and the smoky, lazy atmosphere of the whole thing is very nice. Liking the little drum edits through out the whole thing, Good job.

Back
Top Bottom