New Chase & Status song with Rihanna!!

lol she wants to do a drum and bass song after hearing saxon a dubstep tune.

i het these forum fanny arguments... surely the goal of any producer (no matter what type of genre u start out in) is to one day be picked up by a major label and make beats for sum of the biggest heads in the music industry. im assuming alot of the people that make these flipant comments arnt producers or certainly wudnt label themselves as a music producer (maybe a niche market genre producer but that defeats the object), cos any producer confronted with the offers they have had wud have to be smoking sum seriously strong crack to turn that down.

c & s are clearly capable of making top quality urban music whether thats dnb, dubstep or hip hop and theyre making their mark on the global and mainstream scene. just cos its not what u guys want them to so doesnt mean theyre sell outs. theyre just successful, and some very big players have picked up on their talent. i want them to carry on making drum n bass aswell and im sure they will (if theres money to be made...) hopefully they will carry on making good music and if they dont then u can ahte them for their lack in taste.

allow the hate

c and s made some proper bangin tunes and they are different to pendulum cos pendulum were rockers that just happened to get noticed with their dnb and then when they got famous they made what they actually wanted to make. whist c and s started on the dnb. c and s just need more variation on their sets instead of playing their album like they have been since it was released. and are they not on ram anymore if they signed to mercury.

on pendulum, u say they are rockers that made dnb even tho it wasnt there favourite type of music. if its not what they want to make then why make it? to sell ? thats good ?

Last edited:
Chase and Status’ Saul Milton said: “We’ve spent the past few weeks working with Rihanna and her people in an undisclosed location. She’s a lovely girl, so professional and it was an honour to work with her. The stuff she’s doing now I would definitely go out and buy myself, it’s a big change.”

u heard it here. best get the new rihanna album heads

I'll just wait for it to come out and make my call then. If it's a drum n bass track, fuck yeah, it has to be amazing. If it's an r&b track or whatever, it might just be that one thing to help push that genre in a better direction -- because to me, most r&b and rap tracks these days don't have much to set themselves apart.

I love them and think its quality! Not many dnb producers can say they have Jay Z, Snoop Dogg & Pharrel Williams as fans!

Yeah big them up. But for fuck sake, i hope they make some bangers, nothing worse then making a tune with rihanna and your own dnb faithfull dont like it.
It needs to be mean and fast. Thats it.

IMO I got mixed emotions over any artist that does this, e.g. start doing what you love, gain a fan base then switch genres to cash in or the fact that they(the artist) is spreading dnb/dubstep outside of the small communtiy of fans to the world.

Personally I dont like their dnb/dubstep tunes lately but thats me. If they make cheesy pop beats just to get 16 bleach blond daddies girls to buy their record then they can fuck off, if its a decent track that doesnt have a generic sound to it then big ups.

At first I thought about them like Pendulum but then again Pendulum shot themselves in the foot with "that rant" on DOA but we will have to wait and see I suppose

Back
Top Bottom