NEW* Captiv - Illusions

i think this sounds pretty solid. drums come in nice, bass sounds good. i must have missed yesterday's version somehow, but this needs to move forward. keep it up!

hey Ali this could be really good if you get a leash on those bass frequencys. easier said than done i know! some of them need high passing slightly i think. nice sounds though, really chunky. busy percussion/ shakers will sound good with the stripped down beat poppin right through the mix

i like the feel of if, thats exactly what im into - big moody basslines a rattling beats.

try making duplicate bass tracks and cutting the eq back on them and running them through various distortions / phasers / chorus, then eq some more. will give it some nice movement and dynamics.

bravo! i reckin this will be huge sounding when its done.

Thanks guys, ive only been producing like a month but yeah i kinda get what you mean kemzino, ill try diff tracks and mess with distortions etc tommorrow. ill see what an extra percussion layer sounds like too, bongos maybe?

yeah go for it bro, its all trial and error with making beats and lots of refinement . tweaking.

sometimes ill just pinch the elements from another or several breaks to make a percussive fill, cut out the kicks n snares and tidy up whats left so you the fill the gaps. sometimes less is more though. ill audition a few until i find one that grooves with the particular kick n snare in the track.

that sounds pretty good for someone whos only been dabbling for a month! keep at it mate im sure you'll refine it. the trick is not to give up on them and keep tweakin! :)

yeah, this does sound good for only one month of producing. certainly keep at it so we can hear what you make in a few months!

nar u cant use that sample man one of my favourite black sun empire tunes is based around that sample... you killed it!!! what film is it from?

but to be fair... thats really fuckin good for how long u bin at it... its hard to get a beat as clean as that when ur new in the game... looking forward to hearing more.

haha is it really?, whats the song called?. i found the sample because i chose illusionist as the title for the track and just searched it on youtube and found out that it was a film, found a trailer and sampled the first 30 seconds of the trailer, purely by chance that its already been sampled! :(.

Added some stuff to it this morning, this any better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BWTdoWkzvo&fmt=22

Back
Top Bottom