new bits up on soundcloud!!

roaller sounds tight, maybe some vocal samples would help keep the tune interesting. can imagine a smooth female voice over the top going well with this tune.

nice job

roaller is pretty inoffensive.
nice intro, drums sound crisp.
No so keen on the overall vibe of the tune though. Seems a bit light and fluffy if you know what I mean?

far ahead; I really don't like the bass/synth as it sounds too much like its coming from an amiga. sorry.

roaller is pretty inoffensive.
nice intro, drums sound crisp.
No so keen on the overall vibe of the tune though. Seems a bit light and fluffy if you know what I mean?

first, thx :) i headed for some kind of nice, chilled vibe, so i dont think that it has to be more offensive, i could be wrong, tho.
and tbh i dont really know what you mean by nice and fluffy?!

far ahead; I really don't like the bass/synth as it sounds too much like its coming from an amiga. sorry.

haha :D i thought id have a go at cheesy jump up when i started the tune, or is there bass missing? monitoring on an hifi here.. coming out nice :/

very appreciated, thanks again!

btw, uploading a WIP atm, its nearly finished, ill post up the link later

first, thx :) i headed for some kind of nice, chilled vibe, so i dont think that it has to be more offensive, i could be wrong, tho.
and tbh i dont really know what you mean by nice and fluffy?!

What I meant was I didn't find myself nodding my head as I tried to get in the groove of the track.. it was playing, but it didn't hook me 'in'.

haha :D i thought id have a go at cheesy jump up when i started the tune, or is there bass missing? monitoring on an hifi here.. coming out nice :/
very appreciated, thanks again!

Yeah. maybe the sub was missing. The synth sounded quite old skool- cool if thats what you were going for..

btw, uploading a WIP atm, its nearly finished, ill post up the link later

Cool, will check it out.

2nd tune needs more sub frequency action going on for sure. its sounding decent and clear in the low-mid to mids.. just not really pumping out down below. hi hats seem to be clashing with your snare and washing things out in the higher end of things.

Roaller is pretty nice. It sounds like it could do with a extra bits, like some fx, a second melody, harmony or vocal. Just to keep it interesting.

As for the jump up, I thought the snare was cutting thru a little too much in the high-mids. Could be a little more weighty.
The bass didn't really get me going in either of the edits. It is lacking some low end, it's a bit weak. And I don't think the actual riff you have used is very 'jump up'. I have a feeling you could change the bass all you like and that riff still won't work. Just my thoughts tho.

Roaller is pretty nice. It sounds like it could do with a extra bits, like some fx, a second melody, harmony or vocal. Just to keep it interesting.

As for the jump up, I thought the snare was cutting thru a little too much in the high-mids. Could be a little more weighty.
The bass didn't really get me going in either of the edits. It is lacking some low end, it's a bit weak. And I don't think the actual riff you have used is very 'jump up'. I have a feeling you could change the bass all you like and that riff still won't work. Just my thoughts tho.

by riff do you mean the actual melody? with the weak lowend, its hard to put a sub beneath there, just figuering out how i can do it best. thanks for the advice on the snare and generally for the feedback ;)
safe

Far Ahead - Snare is EQ'd too high up, a bit loud for my tastes and there doesn't appear to be any sub bass. Perhaps a bit more percussion and some tweakage to make the synths sound a bit 'fuller' too.

Roaller - Same with the snare, bit loud and overpowering but I really like the intro, bassline and key hits appearing throughout the tune - perhaps some nice airy FX over the top would be nice.

noticed that "snare problem" aswell as i was mixing the tunes with released ones,.. the snares overpowered the whole mix :D think i have to learn to eq snares properly. every time i try to cut some highs out, they start sounding shit immediately :/

but do you mean i should put some fx into the intro or after the drop? dont get that ;)

thanks for the feedback guys! really appreciated. keep it coming! :)

Back
Top Bottom