New beat, Oppinions?

nice low slow bass drum i like the ghost rapid bassdrums too, but snare feels weak. also the top end is a bit loose. you might be able to tighten this with some adsr or gate control.

nice effort though mate

What is adsr and gatecontrol? Would i need specific vst's for it? Or is there a thread to explain. Also when you say the snare is weak should i add another snare drum hitting at a higher frequency?

Thanks for the advice :D

adsr = attack decay sustain and release (also called envelope controls)

it allows you access to a sounds properties
generally:

volume envelope

attack = time for the signal to get at its peak

decay = time signal takes to go to silence

sustain = how much of the signal stays whilst the key is pressed down

release = how long the signal takes to go to silence after key is not pressed

envelopes can control many aspects of a sound though.

with gating, generally its the control over how much of the signal gets through. if i had a gate at -2db then anything over -2db would get heard. you also have attack and release on gates too.

best place to look for this stuff is to do a search on the forums, cos you get so much info and its probably been covered before and in better detail :D (y)

as for me being released: nah man :) i want to get some released soon, but i don't know how to go about it lol

respect and happy producing

adsr refers to envelope settings. Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release.
It's a sonic leash for your musical dog. Stops your hits from running off and chasing their tails.
I think I'm drunk.
Over.

yeah. snare defo needs to be fattened up. try some compression, maybe! layer another one underneath it. maybe even distort or/and limit it.

but maybe its just got to do with your eqing. trial&error id say.

apart from that, get rid of those extra kicks. its not got enough jungle-feeling to it for those offbeat kicks imho. put some amens in or get rid of those kicks ;)

have fun!

ez

just to let you know i am on a laptop with laptop speakers so i cant comment on the low end lol

im not a fan of the shakers its not just you its all shakers they can only be used if there done right the ride sounds a bit cheap imo if i was you i would try get hold of maybe a rock or jazz sample pack to get your hands on some live ones or do as we did and drag a massive drum kit to ealing studios and record them yourself lol our new tune has kinda the same sort of drum stucture as yours so maybe have a listen to that and get some ideas, breaks are always good just dont use them as they come! i tend to chop them up and change them to fit better that goes for frequencies as well, i wish i could help more with the low end but as i said "CRAPTOP" lol

not bad man kick drum is ok

snare could still be beefier for me personally, get a snare sample with some nice low mids to it so it makes a nice hard low punch ;)

sounds quite nice an full maybe a little to much high end makin it sound kinda tinny.
now u need to make a tune for it!lol:D

Back
Top Bottom