New at drum n bass , need some info please

Hano

Hey guys

Well basically ive got nothing to listen to and ive come across some sweet drum n bass tracks even tho im mostly prone to rock and similar but i just loved it. Ive got no knowledge about DnB so i thought it smart to ask here ;).
Its from EZ rollers , "Walk this land" and "Tough at the top" .
Tracks got great beat and good vocals. The thing is the other DnB tracks ive heard are too hard for me in a way, i like this more ambiental, ehmm easy beat, chill out perhaps ? i hope its not blasphemy :) but for understanding what im getting at something like Addictive from Faithless or Mass destruction ( in a way) but DnB. Without the hard and quickly repetitive "tuc tuc" and With vocals if possible !

thanks
J

I suggest you go get a hold of some mix CDs, browse these forums and check for links to mixes and stuff... there's a magazine called Knowledge mag that's been going for 10 years, it's all about DnB and if you want to get into the whole dnb scene then it's a good place to start. More info: www.knowledgemag.co.uk (includes ability to backorder and order current month's publication)...

There are other mags, ATM and Code Of The Streets (the latter of which is purely on DVD) are just two names that spring to mind. Knowledge is definitely the daddy though.

Hmm... Stations... try 1Xtra when there's D&B on (www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra), there's dnb every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (at insanely late times, 2-6am), Friday if I remember correctly and Saturday night / Sunday morning (all UK times). Then you got places like www.bassdrive.com (the mothership), www.pyrotechnicradio.com , www.dnbradio.com , www.jungletrain.net , www.aftershockradio.com (sorry, have to pimp my friend's site there ;)) ... Loads of em.

Incidentally, if you want to get a hold of the latest month's Knowledge Mix CD (they give a free mix CD on the cover of every month's issue) then I can put it on my FTP and pass you a login for it if you're having a hard time finding it on 'tinterweb.

Other useful sites: www.rolldabeats.com (formerly known as tarzan.spoox.org , probably THE most comprehensive discography site for Drum & Bass and its various subgenres), www.discogs.com also has some useful info on there pertaining to D&B artists and their releases, there's just tons of places.

evolintent: thanx I will check him out

xen : damn , a lot to go through :) , thank you for the effort, I think i should definitly find something i like.

J

EZ Rollers have a new(ish) mix CD out right now on Moving Shadow, called "05.1", good stuff might be just the kinda thing you're looking for, will be available in all good record shops (probably really cheap too! i got a copy for £2.99 in my local reccy shop :D)

Hano said:
evolintent: thanx I will check him out

xen : damn , a lot to go through :) , thank you for the effort, I think i should definitly find something i like.

J

No worries, always enjoy helping out people who don't have prior knowledge of dnb ease into enjoying the music.

Back
Top Bottom