New Artist

Elektroshock

hey brand new here. Really into drum and bass and electronica ive also started seriously composing my own music im influenced by Danny Byrd, London Elektricity, Nu Tone, Matrix and Futurebound, DJ Fresh, Mistabishi, Subfocus, J Magik and loads more .. want to share my music with people. anyone got any tips on the best way of doing it?? Also anyone who wants to hear any songs let me know!

hey brand new here. Really into drum and bass and electronica ive also started seriously composing my own music im influenced by Danny Byrd, London Elektricity, Nu Tone, Matrix and Futurebound, DJ Fresh, Mistabishi, Subfocus, J Magik and loads more .. want to share my music with people. anyone got any tips on the best way of doing it?? Also anyone who wants to hear any songs let me know!

First, welcome to the site.
As for sharing your music, there is a few options..if ya have a myspace page or reverbnation page, post the link in new thread the "New Talent & Track Reviews..." section with the song title you want people to check out.

Or you can upload it to zshare and let people stream it, or soundcloud, posting the link to the track, etc...

or you can make a quick youtube vid and post the vid of the track (using the URL of the video will post it, not the embeding html code in this forum)...

Here's where you find the "New Talent & Track" thread..

http://dnbforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

I hope that helps..pz

Last edited:
One tip mate.
Listen to other genres, try to gain influence from other genres such as Soul, Blues, Jazz and classical ect.
What tends to happen when people are influenced by other drum and bass producers they try to replicate somones sound thus nothing new is being made and no boundries will ever be broken.

One tip mate.
Listen to other genres, try to gain influence from other genres such as Soul, Blues, Jazz and classical ect.
What tends to happen when people are influenced by other drum and bass producers they try to replicate somones sound thus nothing new is being made and no boundries will ever be broken.

:word:Yes indeed. Listen to this mans advice..

cheers for the advice guys. Expect to be hearing some of my stuff soon!

Man im so glad you've said about other genres. i Feel so tied down to drum and bass some times.. My stuff is nothing like "proper" drum and bass! The first song im gonna put down is matrix and futurebound kind of rock/drum and bass fusion and then after that ive got two songs in the pipeline one kind of slower tempo and one... kind of ska!

By the way my main thing in music is drumming and love jazz and other styles.. ill send some links to some drumming videos once ive finished them too...

cheers for the advice guys. Expect to be hearing some of my stuff soon!

Man im so glad you've said about other genres. i Feel so tied down to drum and bass some times.. My stuff is nothing like "proper" drum and bass! The first song im gonna put down is matrix and futurebound kind of rock/drum and bass fusion and then after that ive got two songs in the pipeline one kind of slower tempo and one... kind of ska!

By the way my main thing in music is drumming and love jazz and other styles.. ill send some links to some drumming videos once ive finished them too...

Nice one man. I play the bass as well as produce dnb...played in hardcore punk bands, and love ska basslines in punk ska, and also appreciate ska like The Skatalites, etc..pz

Back
Top Bottom