New app for labels and artists...

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by shoebox, May 2, 2012.

1. shoebox

shoebox huh

Hey guys. I suggest you watch the video at this link to get the
    full detail resolution, but here it is.. a quick introduction to a
    project I've been working on for some time now.. Hopefully
    it will be a timesaver for everyone!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

that's sick!

3. HustleAudio

HustleAudio Do the Hustle

That looks wicked, reckon i would get alot of use out of that!!

4. shoebox

shoebox huh

Wicked guys... please get in touch and we can talk.. I'm just getting an idea of who's interested and it looks
    like some lots of labels and artists big and small are into it.. The app is very dynamic and can be worked to
    cater to the needs of various promotion based companies .. even event promoters can make use of it.. You
    can reach me at shoebox@dnbradio.com

Cheers!

5. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

need to normalize the audio on the video. watched the first minute thinking there was no audio it was so quiet. but that's pretty slick. really like the contract management, promo, and ftp management. what api or software package is that built from (if you don't mind me asking)?

6. shoebox

shoebox huh

yeah oops.. I didn't notice the quiet audio until today.. I'll fix that soon! The framework is EXTJS 3. There is a new version 4 which has all kinds of new stuff.. charting and graphing.. stuff I plan to use eventually on top of the sales statements data. I have also built in a daily reporting engine for beatport which is VERY handy.. but in order to have this piece we would need to coordinate with your beatport distributor. Thanks for checking it out!

---------- Post added at 04:20 ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 ----------

Here is one of my shops pages... it shows a lot of the information that is collected in the app database. I use this same information to send out mass blog posts, forum postings, and content for 3rd parties like news outlets and other press contacts... http://www.section8recs.com/release/megalodon-conscious-pilot-like-this/releaseid-228

7. tv_g

tv_g Active Member

using a similar idea with my website. db editors for releases which also links to our shop and then generates static release pages. had the plan to let people add comments, tags, and so forth to make searching our back catalog easier, but my interfaces are way too ugly and temperamental. :lol:.

what i see is that you have the potential to build a network of labels connecting artists and similar releases.