NEW ANDY C SETS*

gotta agree with hazdaman here, getting tunes played out by andy c is the biggest promotion you can possibly have

I just think it would be nice to get maybe 2/3 sets a year just for the fans out there who can't get out and see him for whatever reason. It can be his way of giving something back to the fans, afterall he wouldn't be there without us and he probably needs to remind himself of that! As for saying that record sales will be effected by tunes that have been heard on packs, I disagree totally. RAM 100 for example, a double pack of tunes that had been kained to fuck, and it wouldn't surprise me if it is their biggest selling release of the year. Another example being triple x... No one bought that for the dnb mix of this could be real did they! And to this day I'm still hankering after city lights, another dubplate that has been doing the rounds for time.

LOL have u seen my ranting on over the weeks on his facebook or something? they were some of my exact points

Nah I hate that cunt :D lol

Just this thread is cringe worthy. The basis of the thread is Andy replying "he hears me, understands and to watch this space......". That's like me saying I went to a Rihanna concert and yelled to her "I love you Rihanna" and she looked at me and winked :D

Did you? OMG can I get your autograph?

Just this thread is cringe worthy. The basis of the thread is Andy replying "he hears me, understands and to watch this space......". That's like me saying I went to a Rihanna concert and yelled to her "I love you Rihanna" and she looked at me and winked :D

Lol.

He should appear on packs cause thats the way it is - has always been.. All thos old sets i have from one nation etc thats where i herd alot of dubs for the first time. It didnt matter if the mixing was shit and i still bought the cd after hearing all the records a million times.. im not sure hes giving us the credit we deserve. Most of his cd sales are from ppl who prob never bought a tape pack anyway.. It sucks ass!

Sorry Tim lad wont happen again but the basis of the thread is if u make enough noise, someone listens

Last edited:
I'd imagine this is probably the reason. Plus the fact that 90% of what Andy plays out probably isnt even finished yet. So when people hear a tune on a mix (Noisia - My World or Brookes Brothers - Last Night for example) then the tune changes, you dont get hundreds of people saying "OMG THEY CHANGED THE VOCAL, IT WAS SICKER BEFORE OMG IM NOT BUYING IT NOW" etc etc.
That and I imagine that none of the big dogs get paid, or get any kind of royalty to appear on any tape packs these days.
Coupled with the fact that if people want to hear a mix then they have to spend money to go and see him, which is just good business.

/rant

I got told by someone that used to own a record shop that no/very little royalties are paid to any DJ's that appear on a tape pack, and when you think about it its probably true if you take into account the rising manufacturing costs, distribution costs, limited time 'peak' appeal of each product (highly desirable for only a couple of months after their release/until next big events pack is released) and coupled with a niche market compared to, for example, a beyonce album. tape packs are also increasingly becoming digital download, affecting independent record stores because tape packs make up a high proportion of yearly profit.

if someone knows if this is the case or not,
I.e. if you work at SRD, NU Urban, ST Holdings etc. another record shop or at random concept, one nation etc. and know about tape packs and royalties, really curious and would really like to know :)

"I hear ya and understand. Watch this space."

I bet that is Andy's auto reply, There is room for so many jokes there

"Andy, I love you and want your babies !!!"

"I hear ya and understand. Watch this space."

Back
Top Bottom