NEW ANDY C SETS*

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
*maybe

Just thought i'd tell u all that ive been making a lot of noise directly to RAM and Andy C over the last few months about him not appearing on packs.

Well last night i finally got a reply off Andy.

He wouldnt go into the reasons why but did say that he hears me, understands and to watch this space......

Make of that what u will but hopefully i've made him see that he made a bad move n hes gonna start appearing on packs again :)

Apparently there are mixes coming, as in pre recordeds like a nightlife, probably part of the promotion of the alive tour. It really fucks me off that he wont go into reasons. The only one that is semi understandable is that it will affect his record sales. For instance if you had sets with him playing new dubs on, say for instance wilkinson- tonight, people would listen to it too much and get bored of it, so when its released it affects the sales. But whats the big problem with just saying that? People understand making money from vinyl isn't easy. I really can't think what else it could be.

Apparently there are mixes coming, as in pre recordeds like a nightlife, probably part of the promotion of the alive tour. It really fucks me off that he wont go into reasons. The only one that is semi understandable is that it will affect his record sales. For instance if you had sets with him playing new dubs on, say for instance wilkinson- tonight, people would listen to it too much and get bored of it, so when its released it affects the sales. But whats the big problem with just saying that? People understand making money from vinyl isn't easy. I really can't think what else it could be.

I'd imagine this is probably the reason. Plus the fact that 90% of what Andy plays out probably isnt even finished yet. So when people hear a tune on a mix (Noisia - My World or Brookes Brothers - Last Night for example) then the tune changes, you dont get hundreds of people saying "OMG THEY CHANGED THE VOCAL, IT WAS SICKER BEFORE OMG IM NOT BUYING IT NOW" etc etc.
That and I imagine that none of the big dogs get paid, or get any kind of royalty to appear on any tape packs these days.
Coupled with the fact that if people want to hear a mix then they have to spend money to go and see him, which is just good business.

/rant

Andy wouldn't be the only person with those dubs tho surely? Also, everyone knows that when andy c plays a track, the sales will shoot through the roof.

Im sure his next set up for download or to buy will blow everyone away

Tbh I think Andy wants people to come and see him do his thing live. A lot gets lost in translation on cd packs/recordings! You can hear every little clang and error even though it all sounded the tits live! I know I'm a lot more eager to see him out now I can't get my Andy fix anywhere except old recordings and nightlife and I think that is his aim!

I just think it would be nice to get maybe 2/3 sets a year just for the fans out there who can't get out and see him for whatever reason. It can be his way of giving something back to the fans, afterall he wouldn't be there without us and he probably needs to remind himself of that! As for saying that record sales will be effected by tunes that have been heard on packs, I disagree totally. RAM 100 for example, a double pack of tunes that had been kained to fuck, and it wouldn't surprise me if it is their biggest selling release of the year. Another example being triple x... No one bought that for the dnb mix of this could be real did they! And to this day I'm still hankering after city lights, another dubplate that has been doing the rounds for time.

Back
Top Bottom