New Ambient DnB Track *GIGANOVA*

Damn this thing is all over the place! I like the broken beat sounds... but maybe tighten it up with the bass...

actually... halfway through there's some heavy synth sound comes in, but breaks off into the spanish guitar. And i'm lovin the spanish guitar, and I'd love to hear more of it throughout the song... as well as that high sounding pad in the background.

but i'm just not feeling that heavy pad... and when it comes back to the guitar there's no warning, it's just straight on and feels like a different song.

all of that said, every part of this song has all of its elements in the right place, and parts make me want to rock out, but then it breaks again.... but to me it doesn't sound like it all works together into one song... maybe into 3 different songs.

that's just my opinion though, but technically speaking the drums could be fattened up (but keep the broken-ness, that's the tightness) and the bass could be more dominant and float with the beat and melodies/harmonies.

word.

no problem. Your drums sound a little familiar... are you using a vst, or samples? it sounds an awfulot like my old DR505 drum machine.

give my tracks a listen too, there here... somewhere, i'd love some feeback from ya!

I will check out your track soon and leave feedback.

The drums are made with Battery II and heavily layered. How could I fatten them up? I already eq-ed all individual elements, compressed every channel separately, etc. I also put a high-pass filter on the drums that cuts off at 80Hz to avoid that the frequencies overlap with the bass. Maybe that makes them sound a bit "thin"?

In the end, though, I will bring the drums a bit up.

Still tempted to get an outboard tube compressor for the drums, but we'll see if I can come up with the money.

if it's the sound you were going for, then keep going... but the song feels like the drums should sound a bit more fat. I too use Battery and EQ my separate breaks/drum hits to get them to best... ... omg best smiley:

beat da drums!!:idhitit:

o_O
Whats the deal with those drums man!!
They sound off time.
Is it a break chopped or single hits or what?
Should quantise all the bits and tighten up the groove.
That is the only thing that lets this down man.
All the music is wicked, nice guitar and piano.
Good synth noises and good mixture of elements.
That vocal rules man!!!!
Wheres it from?
That is like the icing on the cake for me man!!!
Needs a bit of work on the beat and mix down but a good concept all the same!!:devilslay

Hey man -- thanks for the reply!

The drums are off?? The main drum line is quantized -- but, hehe, there's a secind drum line to fatten things up that I put a bit offbeat to make it more interesting. Funny, coz you're the first one who noticed -- good ears!

The vocal samples are from a CD that I brought back from Spain recently (I travel a lot and always bring a coupla local CDs with me -- at home I grab a randomn CD, sample off stuff and try to make a song out of it. The only samples I've used in that track are the vocals and the guitar (which is hravily processed to match beat & pitch).

I've worked a LOT on that track over the past week or so and it sounds much better -- or so I think. Will work a bit more on the drums and than on the mix. Might post an updated version if some of you is interested.

Back
Top Bottom