New album "Welcome to New Rome"

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by SMDtheMC, Aug 24, 2010.

1. SMDtheMC

SMDtheMC Member

So, I haven't been wafflin' as much lately cuz I've been working on my new album "Welcome to New Rome" a concept album featuring original hip-hop, drum and bass, and dubstep production...

I'm half done so I decided to drop one of my new tracks, called "Victims of the Game" produced by the DJ Nuggz, just lookin' for feedback

http://soundcloud.com/smd-the-mc/smd-victim-of-the-game

2. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

nneeds a better mixdown imo. doesnt sound that cohere if you get me. good tune tho.

3. SMDtheMC

SMDtheMC Member

Thanks for listening, and yea, I'm getting the album fully re- mixed and mastered once all the tracks are complete, I guess I just wanted to put somethin' out for people to hear since I've been recording tons of tracks and wanted to get a little out there...here's the lyrics if you couldn't catch em all:

Fuckin' wit S like losin' all ya pieces in chess, mate, check the rate at which weak emcees'll get ate...clean plate, take yo gal for dessert, the perfect pastry after a night of puttin' in work; Job is never done, round the clock, like arab stores, count on S havin' flows like AIDS not being cured, or cancer either spit random ether at cats that feel the burn, and spread like a germ into ya nearest speaker, told you I’m sick, ya’ll thought I was jokin, the way I spit I got the lungs of an eighty year smoker, so when they say I’m black on the inside they ain’t lyin’, got more drive than K. Bryant, when it come to great rhymin’, ya’ll cop out like L. James, and join others, stealin’ shine like a leach, while I’m great and bone mothers, muhfucka, you got damn right, they got kids then that mean that they put out right?, can I live? It’s reasonable to doubt my life n times, but why? There’s no blueprint to Sean’s life, American gangsta in his prime, and while we talkin’ albums, I wanna show you some pictures, not visually I break em down into thousand word incrimints...come take a listen, Welcome to New Rome, dense lines fa ya minds, not empty like New Homes, From the Roc where cats Run n Shoot like June Jones, your grocerer’s freezer ain’t seen this many tombstones, S breaks molds ya’ll cats is new clones, Keep sayin’ the same shit in your so called new flows, or worse freestyles you’ve rehearsed for 2 months, while I come off the top more than a titty dude does, wit dolly parton in front of em, no frontin’ son I got you open like Buck n dem, shine like the moon after sunnin’ em, illuminate this dark world from which I came, where everyone’s eventually a victim of the game

4. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

Yeah im feeling that beat, sounds pro man.

5. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i like this track, nice little beat, kinda old school

6. SMDtheMC

SMDtheMC Member

thanks for the feedback ya'll, the new mix sounds way better btw, but i'll save that for the album