New active monitors for mixing.

GoldenGinge

Hey guys. Soon I want to purchase some new active monitors to hook up to my decks, as the ones I've got at the moment suck ass.

I was wondering, in the bracket of about £100-£200 (maybe up to £300), could I get some decent monitors with a low and high end response to it that go reasonably loud for that price? And if so, can anyone reccomend me some?

Are KRK's good for mixing? Or are they better for the producing side of things? I'm not really sure.

If you could help me out that would be awesome. Cheers.

I was mixing on my mates Alesis M1 mk2'S last week, sounded BEEFY.

got those and cant complain really, quality and rather good price. i got the ones with the usb so you can hook em up with your pc/ laptop really quick

I was mixing on my mates Alesis M1 mk2'S last week, sounded BEEFY.

Ive got a pair, whilst their main use is for production, I do mix on them quite a bit too, sound nice but you notice every little mistake haha

Sent from Andy C's trucker hat using Tapatalk.

got those and cant complain really, quality and rather good price. i got the ones with the usb so you can hook em up with your pc/ laptop really quick

the sub doesn't feel as "warm" as i'd like, if you get what i mean, but i've been used to my hifi with a pretty decent sub, so...

Cool thanks guys. So aight I can use a Hi-Fi. You can get active Hi-Fi speakers I assume then. I really have a loose grasp on what I'm talking about here so forgive me if I'm just chatting pure shit ha.

Will look into the speakers you have reccomend. ta

Cool man that why buy new looks wicked. And so do those mackies. Same question, how loud can they go without distorting? And how is the sub on them?

Aight these M1 MK11's, how long can they go without sounding distorted?

Well put it this, way I hammer them 3 times a week mixing for a good few hours, then are used as my production monitors too, still sound perfect.

Sent from Andy C's trucker hat using Tapatalk.

Yeah I have hifi speakers at home and whenever I go to sams or mish mash's houses for a mix it sounds so different

Back
Top Bottom