Never to be released!?!? My arse!!

MC Motion

Custom Avatarmess
This is the kind of shit that make's my blood boil in drum and bass:

Type:12" [LTD001] Label:TestArtist:UNKOWN

Description:Energise/ The Box [Promo][Limited.......rumoured never to be on full release]

I found this on Kaizen and the dnbforum shop (same thing) and it had no audio and it was out of stock, so people had obviously bought it because it said "Limited......rumoured never to be relesed". Why is it never to be released, why!! Is there a reason , uncleared sample?!?

Ohh look its on Test, a Valve off shoot, one would think it to be readily available. On no no that would be too easy, it's got to be made to look exclusive and important for it to be sold. What pisses me off most is that it probably will get a full release or a repress so they can say ohh more limited repress's, get them while you can!

I'm sorry to moan but people do actually buy tune's cos there limited, not becuase of the actual sound on the vinyl. If someone can give me a valid reason to why this tune is never to have a full release then i'll withdraw my "hating".

P.S. I'm not jealous cos I didn't get the tune, I don't buy stuff that limited just because it's limited. If a tune's good and it's limited, it's being limited won't make the tune any better. These label's have got to understand we don't need to have sly marketing method's to make us spend money, all they need to do is make sure the music's good, that is all!!!

Both tunes are shit anyway - probably being limited helps sell tunes that otherwise people wouldnt bother buying. Its not good, but nobody forces you to buy them - its a free choice!
Jarrow

jarrow said:
Its not good, but nobody forces you to buy them - its a free choice!
Jarrow
True, it is my choice but it annoy's me that in order to sell tune's they feel they need to lie to us.

I don't like being lied to.

The no preview thing is the worst bit here.
I'm sure tons of folks will want it but I'm sure somebody will buy it who doesn't like it which is a waste of time. Pull your fingers out record store owners! Make the audio THEN post it!

I agree the worst thing is lack of audio, as long as it doesnt cost anymore than normal tunes. I kinda expect a bit of scamming (and I have no idea whether this is the case here mind), its not much of a leap to make when there's so many DJs fighting for few upfront promos rarities etc.
But yeah anyone who buys a toon sound unheard for exclusivity is ... not clever.

:sick:

Well if its a new Dill Pickles tune, its probably lame anyway.... so who cares. Its not like as if its a Vibes & Wishdokta tune or something frikken awesome like that.

we got this at our shop 1 copy (where i work) 1 copy, is ok tune but i think is by lemon d not dillinja

i quite like the actual tune, not as good as most other vlv/test/beatz releases i reckon it could've been better should have done more with killa kella

im well feelin what ur sayin about "LTD" things, another cunning trick but i do quite like it and as i didnt get it online i could try before buy
still dirty sales tactics weak styles

It wasn't a sales tactic from our end. It wasn't on the release sheet and we didn't know anything about it, so we rang the distributor and that is what they told us.
It's on Test Recordings, it's a promo, do you think we need a quirky little sales tactic to shift it?
And with the audio, each tune takes about 20 minutes to prepare and upload. With orders to pack and a shop to run, we try our best to get all the tunes recorded but as you can imagine this can sometimes take a while. We think it is more important to get the tunes out to people as quicky as we can, and worry about the recording later.

This aint a smart marketing ploy or anything - I think theres 600 of these whites and it IS NOT getting a full general release - on valve,test or beatz. 'The Box' was featured on the killer Hertz Album (cd only).'Energise' is a new tune. So if yr in it - get em while u can . . .

Both these tunes having been doing some serious damage!! At the previous Valve & Renegade Hardware nights "Energize" has ripped the roof off!!
Just makes me laugh when people turn round and say a certain tune is shite from just listening to crap quality audio on the web etc. I played both tunes Saturday night as I was DJ'ing in Italy and on a fuck off loud system it's dirty n nasty!!! :sniper:

People tend to forget that Dillinja & Lemon D have their original sound.......have done for years...........and their actual sound is dub orientated which needs to be played at loud volume for best effect.
You can play your Soul:r/Calibre tunes at home etc and at low volume but when it comes to Valve/Test/Beatz stuff.........loud as possible is the key!!! :spliff:

As for "Never To Be Released"......this is true but 500/600 copies is not like it's a 50 limited promo etc.....plus this blurb is more to do with the distributers than the record label.

At times it seems people are anti-Dillinja no matter what he puts out...........the blokes been around since day one.......don't knock him, he'll continue to put out dancefloor tunes for many many more years.

Well, i didnt just hear it on crappy web audio, i have it on CD (on the valve KH LP) and i just dont like it - mainly because of the you fucking cunt sample.
And i do generally like LD and Dill but that doesnt mean i have to like EVERYTHING they do.
And i dont like this....
LTD or not.
Jarrow

wayneunique said:
People tend to forget that Dillinja & Lemon D have their original sound.......have done for years...........and their actual sound is dub orientated which needs to be played at loud volume for best effect.
You can play your Soul:r/Calibre tunes at home etc and at low volume but when it comes to Valve/Test/Beatz stuff.........loud as possible is the key!!! :spliff:

Gonna have to disagree with you on a few points here, man, no hard feelings :beers: :

1) Dub music has nothing to do with being played loud - it's about the technique of making it and the mood it creates. The loud part came from the sound system cultures.

2) Dilly/Lemon don't make dub tunes - they make club tunes, dancefloor style, and there's nothing wrong with that, they do it well. Just isn't dub in the slightest.

3) NO ONE makes tunes with more of a dub influence than Calibre/M.I.S.T., trust me. Check Mistical Dub, Cold Halo, and Tempo Dub for proof. :sniper:

:lickface:

freeagent said:
Gonna have to disagree with you on a few points here, man, no hard feelings :beers: :

1) Dub music has nothing to do with being played loud - it's about the technique of making it and the mood it creates. The loud part came from the sound system cultures.

2) Dilly/Lemon don't make dub tunes - they make club tunes, dancefloor style, and there's nothing wrong with that, they do it well. Just isn't dub in the slightest.

3) NO ONE makes tunes with more of a dub influence than Calibre/M.I.S.T., trust me. Check Mistical Dub, Cold Halo, and Tempo Dub for proof. :sniper:

:lickface:

Mate, your entitled to your opinon whether it's right or wrong.

Obviously Dillinja/Lemon D's music isn't dub.....I didn't say it was...they wouldn't be D&B artistes if I said they make dub tunes.........I just said it's heavily influenced by it....meaning the sound system culture (hence the Valve Sound System) and also some of the techniques they actually use (basslines, sounds etc). I've played dub/reggae and know what is involved, know what a PROPER dub/reggae soundsystem/night is all about. :razz:
If you go back to past Dillinja/Lemon D interviews you will see that him and Kevin (Lemon D) actually say that the music they make is "dub orientated" and "influenced"...........which they have been doing way before the likes of Calibre/M.I.S.T etc

While on the subject of dub influenced tunes.........we'll like I've previously said you have stated Calibre/M.I.S.T as being the forefront of dub influenced tunes.......we'll my friend you have forgotten about Digital & Spirit...........now there is a couple of guys who are TRULY the top of Dub/Reggae influenced tunes. :rambo:

By the way i'm one of M.I.S.T's greatest fans, have been for many years and chat to Marcus regularly and cut quite a few bits from him............they are great producers, I hear and feel the dub influence tunes they bring out and would never knock or under estimate the talent those guys have.

True dat man, I did fail to metion the dons themselves, Digital and Spirit.

I just have a hard time equating the dancefloor tunes that Dill/Lemon make currently with dub style. Know what I mean?

And if you chat with Marcus, please ask him when Mist:i:cal's "Cold Halo" will be coming round :)

Back
Top Bottom