Never forget how it started

darkcrystl

Lately I've seen a lot of quality tunes and have enjoyed ordering the latest batch of vinyl to hit the street but have had a flashback moment after smoking session with chum.Been wanting to obtain copies of '93-on inc goodlooking (rocking horse shit!) reinforced (early peshay stuff always dark). Even older stuff back to acid house. oh my gosh there are some wicked tunes!Anyone else feel this way? Ideal set?

ah man. Having a bit of a love affair with old hardcore/92-3 sound when the scene was starting to split, atm. Recently bought Nookie- Sound Of Music & Orca-4am. Quality of music at that time was just unreal imo. Favourite set would probably be BUK07 Yaman set from LTJ, large :not_worth

love it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDB0usBhX90

Last edited:
with you on the acid house man,its a bit before my time so haven't really heard that much but what I have heard I think's sick. Been trying to find some sets but haven't really had that much luck yet, if anyone knows of any i'd appreciate it :)

ah man. Having a bit of a love affair with old hardcore/92-3 sound when the scene was starting to split, atm. Recently bought Nookie- Sound Of Music & Orca-4am. Quality of music at that time was just unreal imo. Favourite set would probably be BUK07 Yaman set from LTJ, large :not_worth

love it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDB0usBhX90

Didn't someone do a remix of orca 4am a while back?

Lately I've seen a lot of quality tunes and have enjoyed ordering the latest batch of vinyl to hit the street but have had a flashback moment after smoking session with chum.Been wanting to obtain copies of '93-on inc goodlooking (rocking horse shit!) reinforced (early peshay stuff always dark). Even older stuff back to acid house. oh my gosh there are some wicked tunes!Anyone else feel this way? Ideal set?

yeah course! not into acid house etc but old skool hardcore for sure. there's loadsa wicked tracks that i'm always on the look out for. hard to find but when you do it's magic.

I'm reading Energy Flash by Simon Reynolds at the min. Its about the history/development of dance music from detroit techno and chicago house through to acid house, hardcore, jungle, dnb to dubstep and everything inbetween. it includes loads of tracks to check out which i find useful. it's really detailed and talks indepth about production too. i'd recommend it to anyone into dance music and musicology.

Back
Top Bottom