never enough time in the day is there!

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
i dunno about all of you but I find balancing time for producing, college work and seeing my mates fuckin effort!!!
i havnt really stared doing any of my assignments yet due to producing and going out takin the front seat.
I wish I had more spare time, like now im thinkin i could be at home makin beats instead of work!
I know im not gna make it big producing so you have to be realistic and just progress slowly and learn to enjoy it, but i think it becomes quite an intense addiction!!!
who else feels my pain, or I bet theres some smug fuckers here who dnt work or go to college :sadbana:

end of pointless post

i work 6 days a week, but only half days, and ive really slowed down on producing, i just dont stress it, if i want to i will, if i dont i wont, and for a good few weeks now i haven't opened up a DAW, and i dont really care..

its how it is, when you have the spare time its hard to knuckle down and do something you want to do so bad when you cant do it!

i took my laundry room and made it my studio (and boy room) so having a special room for it definitely helps. i just have to bring myself to go up there, been really unproductive lately. but i know what you mean, yeah.

i dunno about all of you but I find balancing time for producing, college work and seeing my mates fuckin effort!!!
i havnt really stared doing any of my assignments yet due to producing and going out takin the front seat.
I wish I had more spare time, like now im thinkin i could be at home makin beats instead of work!
I know im not gna make it big producing so you have to be realistic and just progress slowly and learn to enjoy it, but i think it becomes quite an intense addiction!!!
who else feels my pain, or I bet theres some smug fuckers here who dnt work or go to college :sadbana:

end of pointless post

nah man, tis not a pointless thread... i know for a fact freek is just like me in that we sacrafice sleep to squeeze in production time! the bags under my eyes look like i have soddin black eyes most days!

doesnt help commuting 3 hours a day for work and long working hours!

i dunno work does seem to effect creativity for me.. when i had a full time job i basically gave up producing, it wasnt until i quit there that i started actually getting back into producing and taking it seriously. i just found the last thing i wanted to come home and do was sit on my computer after id been standing up all day, took the energy out of me. balancing college and producing is alot easier tho :p

I only ever produce with a mate (which is not very often), cus i'm pretty shite at the whole technical side of it, but have loads of ideas...

Its the same as anything I reckon, if you REALLY want to do something, you WILL find the time, by hook or by crook, I think it boils down more to inspiration really.

Thats why I love Reggae/Soundclash so much, although I am listening for entertainment purposes, I go off in my head & think of ideas for music & jot them down.

Then when I go see my mate, I take said pad of ideas & we have a bash, he's a perfectionist, so if it don't work we won't start anything, but if it does I think you need to dedicate the time to taking it to a point wherby you know you will work on it again with a view to finishing it, otherwise you run the risk of it getting lost in the plethera of "unfinished material", which in itself can lead to you 2nd guessing even starting something the next time around...

My 50ps worth anyways...

Good thread btw. :2thumbs:

Nice thread!
I usually had almost no time due to college and work until I finished college and started looking for a job.
Plenty of time and a lot of productions, but finding work as a designer wasn't that easy.
So I started my own company as a freelancer in audio production, design and animation. That whole idea boosted my creativity up! :D

Nowadays I'm working around 3 to 4 days a week at a DIY store and use the rest for producing and designing.
I found out that lately I still need more time, so spending time in the studio till 3:30 AM when you need to work at 9:00 AM is no big deal.

Just if you don't have enough time, make some time.
If you don't have creativity at the moment, make yourself some creativity.

AMEN.

nah man, tis not a pointless thread... i know for a fact freek is just like me in that we sacrafice sleep to squeeze in production time! the bags under my eyes look like i have soddin black eyes most days!

doesnt help commuting 3 hours a day for work and long working hours!

yeah man if im up past 12 im up at 630 everyday then it looks like iv have 5 rounds with tyson!

im struggling to just use my time better I think, instead of workin on one project and settin some time aside each day im hammerin in the hours gettin frustrated with a tune then starting a completely new one, i find cos i spend so long on one tune I get fed up very quickly! iv got a few tracks where all they need is the final sequencin all the sounds are in place i just got bored with doing that part and moved on!

if i didnt have college work aswell, it wouldnt be so bad, but assignments are like a constant burden weighing you down !

I sleept 3-4 hours a day for the past year or so, probably will screw up my health, but i'm too into this crap to stop now...

Girlfriends really slow down stuff though..

Last edited:

end of pointless post

Deffinately not pointless.
I'm heavily addicted to music production and web design it makes me tick.
When im at work - my mind switches off and it obsesses about how i can change things in my tracks or how i can advance any glitch formulas or how i can crop more meat into a break without making it dynamically unbalanced.

I'm addicted but i love it.

If im not thinking about production, im thinking about web development. How to modulate everything, how to reduce data redundancy, how to make everything asynchronous, the list goes one and becomes pointless in respect to some of the things i think about.

I think the primary reason is that im at a job which i don't enjoy and one that doesn't engage any real brain activity. So i guess that helps alot. It means im always teeming with ideas from a good days thinking to smash out in my production/development time. It doesnt seem to effect my social life either which is a nice brucie bonus.

Hope this helps - maybe keep a note book on you? (i dont yet but am considering it)

Deffinately not pointless.
I'm heavily addicted to music production and web design it makes me tick.
When im at work - my mind switches off and it obsesses about how i can change things in my tracks or how i can advance any glitch formulas or how i can crop more meat into a break without making it dynamically unbalanced.

I'm addicted but i love it.

If im not thinking about production, im thinking about web development. How to modulate everything, how to reduce data redundancy, how to make everything asynchronous, the list goes one and becomes pointless in respect to some of the things i think about.

I think the primary reason is that im at a job which i don't enjoy and one that doesn't engage any real brain activity. So i guess that helps alot. It means im always teeming with ideas from a good days thinking to smash out in my production/development time. It doesnt seem to effect my social life either which is a nice brucie bonus.

Hope this helps - maybe keep a note book on you? (i dont yet but am considering it)

im exactly the same, i enjoy parts of my job though, i would just much rather be producing of course.
the notepad thing, well if im gettin to a point of wrappin a tune up or maybe even early doors then ill stick it on my iphone and listened to it numerous times throughout the day picking out elements that need to be changed, dont get much benefit from this though besides listening to the mixdown! write em down on a scrap bit of paper and change em when i get home, this all said... im struggling to get that sound i want!

im exactly the same, i enjoy parts of my job though, i would just much rather be producing of course.
the notepad thing, well if im gettin to a point of wrappin a tune up or maybe even early doors then ill stick it on my iphone and listened to it numerous times throughout the day picking out elements that need to be changed, dont get much benefit from this though besides listening to the mixdown! write em down on a scrap bit of paper and change em when i get home, this all said... im struggling to get that sound i want!

as i dais earlier, i do 3 hours commuting everyday, so this is perfect listening time to identify all those niggles in a tune!

man this thread speaks out to me so much....

having just moved to london, started a full time placement with loads of work to do and settling into a new environment....i decided to get fully serious with music lol.

4 months into the job i think ive only had 3 or 4 nights where i slept before 12... most nights were spent either reading, listening, thinking or playing music till the early hours of the morning..

i always said from day that theres plenty of time in the day to do what you want, and I still think thats true..
if i think about it, i waste a hell of a lot of time doing fuck all, and lazing about... its all about efficiency if you ask me, but also - never rush things, as Netsky said:
tomorrow's another day :P

I have a huge problem with not having enough time in the day. i work a 9-5 job, got a baby, a gf, mates and producing to fit in. i find myself doing 4-5 hours of producing a night but only when the gf and baby are asleep so am normally going till 3/4am and then get up for work at 7:30am. minimal sleep but totally worth it. and then on weekends its the same method. time with the family during the day and then producing until early hours, then wake up ridiculously early to look after the baby. its worth it though

yeah fucking hell man thats impressive. if i dont get my 9 hrs of sleep i faint intermittently though out the following day. and wear a dress.

Im the opposite mate, if i dont get my 4 hours production time i get like a smackhead missing his fix lol!

Back
Top Bottom