Neurofunky Tune (WIP)

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Eya, so this is what I've been working on the last couple of weeks. It's very much in the final stages but my old speakers broke and I'm thinking that I should wait to finnish this until I've gotten myself something proper to mix on. So I thought, in the meantime I could perhaps get some opinions on the tune before that!

Hope you like it! :)

Rokits aren't the flattest monitors ever, but just have to learn how a mix sounds on them! (They're a bit bass heavy so you have to make up for that.)

Needs a bit more work, but you've done a great job with the funk.
A good alternative to the rokits are the JBL LSR's which are a lot flatter, but lack in the sub 70 region.

Rokits aren't the flattest monitors ever, but just have to learn how a mix sounds on them! (They're a bit bass heavy so you have to make up for that.)

Well I'm pretty used to mix the bass quite loud thanks to my old speakers having a very boosted bottom end so that might even help me with getting used to them. They'll be much more accurate than what I'm using now at least, I can tell you that haha! I've been told that they are the best buy in that price range.

Needs a bit more work, but you've done a great job with the funk.
A good alternative to the rokits are the JBL LSR's which are a lot flatter, but lack in the sub 70 region.

Thanks Mania, yeah I know it needs some polish atm but hopefully that will be sorted later. I was more thinking of getting some thoughts on the arrangement and so on.

JBL LSR, you say? I havne't heard much about them before. I'm gonna check them out. Thanks for the tip!

I'm hearing quite a bit of mud in there, it may be that my ears are fatigued, i'll take a listen tomorrow, but its something to keep in mind, I'd personally like to see some more high end presence too.
I actually prefer the Rokits to the JBL LSRs.

Cool man, I'll see what I can do to the highs & the mud. I went trough some reviews on youtube last night for both of them and it looks like I'm sticking with the rokits. It seams like they will be the best fit for me and my room with the bassport on the front.

Back
Top Bottom