Hey man!

I use ableton live 9, what about you?

Your tune is sounding insane man, I really like that!

I just checked out your tunes.

Love the sound, amazing quality. Dou you have your tracks mastered or you do it yourself?

How do you get so many plays (aside of making good tunes)? I have been abscent from producing music for about two years, but I get hardly any plays or feedback, I figure I must be doing something wrong.

Which VSTs do you use? And which drum samples? Reall want to know.

Hey man, thanks for the kind words!

First off, yes I master all my songs myself!

I just promote, promote, promote really! I'll make a tune, upload it, pin it to all my Soundcloud groups, share it on all my social media platforms, send it to my mates (try to avoid spam linking people, it really gets annoying!). It helps that I was uploaded on quite a popular youtube channel (District Bass), which directed a lot of viewers back to the song! The key to getting listeners is to be an active musician who's always releasing things. I understand how it is to go a long period of time without releasing anything, I went through almost a year of that myself! But to get back on it is a tough one I must admit. I kept making tunes, releasing one, making another one the next day, releasing, producing, releasing, and in between those gaps I was watching tutorials, mastering videos, reading articles, blogs and whatever else just to gain those little bits of extra knowledge! I use massive, serum, and fm8 mainly, but for the basses in Monstrosity they were all made in Ableton's operator, but you can pretty much make it in anything! It was just a long E note of square waves, detuned with different oscillators being automated by volume throughout the clip, resampled, filtered, filtered again with parallel filtering, resampled again, put in ableton's sampler, put the root key down to an E note, adjust the crossfades, loop start/end, gliding, put the pitch bend up to 24+ (2 octaves up and down) so you can get really high and low pitch bends, i sometimes use the filter inbuilt to the sampler for additional movement, normally the morph filters work the best, and i automate the frequency, resonance and morph, which you can normally make some interesting sounds with! xfer record's OTT works great with all sorts, giving a really crunchy feel. It's all hard to explain without giving too much away, but there's some key elements :) Try locking yourself away in your studio for hours, messing with different vst's, synthesisers and even inbuilt ableton instruments, and just develop your own style. I watched a lot of videos on what certain things do and how to achieve certain things by doing what, not watching how to make patches and to be what's already been done. Try to be diverse about what you make and who you become, that's how you'll get more noticed! As far as drums go, I use completely different samples each track I make, all are layered hits, eq'd, compressed, saturated, and limited until they sound to my satisfaction. I'm actually just finishing off the last little bits to my sample pack that I'll be releasing as cheap as £5, containing all sorts from neuro stabs, drum samples, loops, twisted bass sounds, to melodic loops, synths and more.

Hope this helps,

Aiden :)

Dude, thanks for this very informative post. Yea, I also have the feeling taking a break isn't having a good impact on publicity. While I admit I absolutely didn't care about that in the beginning, it was just a hobby, but I am so obsessed with it, I want to make money doing what I do anyways. Now I feel it's a whole different level and I am never totally happy with my results.

I use FL Studio, also own the Komplete package and I have seen lots of people using Serum, is it worth the 180 bucks?

By the way, when you release your pack, I would buy it, so let me know when you do.

Can't believe you are 14, is that a just slick trick to get more publicit? o_O (no, just joking)
When did you start producing?

I love this 14 year old guy, next generation, that's what we(neurofunk) need...

Tell me if your sample pack is ready to buy, whompz!

Thanks!

Dude, thanks for this very informative post. Yea, I also have the feeling taking a break isn't having a good impact on publicity. While I admit I absolutely didn't care about that in the beginning, it was just a hobby, but I am so obsessed with it, I want to make money doing what I do anyways. Now I feel it's a whole different level and I am never totally happy with my results.

I use FL Studio, also own the Komplete package and I have seen lots of people using Serum, is it worth the 180 bucks?

By the way, when you release your pack, I would buy it, so let me know when you do.

Can't believe you are 14, is that a just slick trick to get more publicit? o_O (no, just joking)
When did you start producing?

No worries mate, happy to help! I myself have been through that confusion on not knowing whether you want to make this your life, but one day I just decided this is for me, and I'm not going to stop until I'm where I've always dreamed I'd be. I guess what inspired me is lots of new music, whatever the genre I really don't mind, but something 'new'. Nowadays it's hard to make a decent amount of money from pure music production alone, what with the access to ripping tracks within seconds, and most money is made in live performances now (dj'ing, launchpads, live instruments). That being said, you can also approach some methods I've chosen, like making a sample back for a small amount of money. For me personally, it's never been about the money, it's about making stuff that makes me happy, and sharing it with people that it makes happy too, and bringing something 'new' to the table.

FL is just as great, especially having access to harmour and vocodex - the sound design capabilities with those two are endless! Yes unfortunately it is, but I'd say it's well worth the buy, the sound design I get from it is insane. It took me a couple hours to mess with it and I was making some pretty beastly sounds!

Thanks man, I'll be sure to post the link in this thread when it's out :)

Hahaha no, I turned 14 in August! I started producing probably coming up for 2 years ago now? I remember listening to a lot of artists like Skrillex, Datsik, Excision and Flux Pavilion and thinking 'How the fuck do they make this'. In my music lessons in school we'd have a lesson probably once a month where we learn to drag loops into garageband, and I thought it was so so cool, and I decided from then on that I wanted to explore this further. I scrambled together a pc full of old parts, and bought ableton, and started messing around with loops for a couple months, and then I started improving from then on! Then for christmas last year I upgraded to a macbook pro 15 inch, and never looked back!

Again, hope this helps, anymore questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :)

Last edited:
I love this 14 year old guy, next generation, that's what we(neurofunk) need...

Tell me if your sample pack is ready to buy, whompz!

Thanks!

Thanks so much man! That's a really nice thing to wake up to and see in the morning!

I'll post the sample pack link in this thread when it's up for definite bud :)

I like it!

Bring more stuff like this. It's amazing. The life isn't always a party, and after a party this is what people need to chill out.

But I can speak only for myself.

Well, I think I'm not alone, over 11k views in one day, good job boy!

Last edited:
Thanks buddy!

I will do, I'm glad you like it! I really agree with that, always gotta have something 'new' and obscure!

Well I'm happy even if you're the only other person in the world who does!
Yeah pretty chuffed with the stats over the last 2 days:))

Do you know which date you release your sample pack?

I'm really impatient can't wait!

I'm also working on some projects, maybe I use some of your samples.
If I do "ft." is yours.

Cheers

No not yet mate, it's not even finished yet but it will be shortly.

Haha don't worry, I'm an impatient person too!

Yeah sure man that would be fine haha

This tune is f****** SICK! Drums sound beautiful and have incredible energy carrying the bass groove. Intro / breakdown and build ups in general are bursting with attitude. The mid-bass is clean and has incredible depth and flavour Nothing I can say I don't like, amazing work!

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! I can't describe how much it all means to me, and it's things like this that keep me going:)

I forgot to mention that me and my mate Headkn0t (insane producer, check him out!) run a promotions page called 'All Edm Promotion' that covers every single genre, sub genre and type of music you can imagine! Feel free to send some of your tunes over on a soundcloud message for some free promotion: https://soundcloud.com/all-edm-promotions

Back
Top Bottom