DnB Neurofunk WIP

Damn son, sounding nice. Love the groove, kick has really nice weight and locks in the bassline really well. Made me say "OOF" when I heard it. Finish 'er up!

sounding really good. only thing id say is it massively lacks sub. it almost feels like it doesnt drop cos theres no real sub to it. those bass noises could do with some more low end, then it will sound fat!

Thanks for the feedback; I'm having quite a hard time as there are mainly two options: I either take the subbass from current bassline or I program a subbass. It's quite hard to come up with a good subbass since there are a lot of modulations going on and I never really think it fits.
However, I played around with it and increased the sub a bit:

This is just the drop:

Is there any improvement or did I just make it muddier?
Since I'm kind of struggling with this problem on every track, I would like to find a good solution for it. ;)

Thanks again for everyones feedback. :)

Sorry to bump my own thread again, but I have another update on this track.
I programmed a subbass and it's definitley working out better than on the version before.

However, I made a short comparison between the version without subbass and the one with the programmed subbass:

First without, then (around 00:40) with.

I have to mix on headphones and getting a good low-end (especially subbass) seems to be quite hard. So any feedback is appreciated. :)

yeah sounding much better man. i think you need a bit more mid on those bass stabs tho. there seems to be a gap in the mix! sounding good tho

love the bass work man. some of the sounds are really sick. mix sounds ok, i think ur yet to crack the sound, its hard to say what doesnt sound right exactly as im on headphones but if your new with this sound then I'd say your doing well :)

Back
Top Bottom