Neurofunk vs hardstyle(wip)

Balthazaar

VIP Junglist
Hello guys,here is some experimental tune it is basically neurofunk but with some hardstyle type melodies here and there;)I tried to blend those two genres in this tune i hope i succeed,my goal is when you listen you have feeling like those two genres are in constant fight and each of them tries to conquer lol(some philosophy)Any advices,opinions are welcome,tell my what u think??

Haha nice idea behind the tune :) And i think its working, but the hardstyle sounds very defensive, it'll be an easy win for the neurofunk if u don't even the odds :D

Cool track. Wouldn't say there is much hardstyle coming though sounds more trancey. Hardstyle is stylised by massive kick drums both clean and distorted so maybe incorporate a bit of that stuff. Got some samples i can send ya if ya want?

Haha nice idea behind the tune :) And i think its working, but the hardstyle sounds very defensive, it'll be an easy win for the neurofunk if u don't even the odds :D
Hahaha i cheer for neuro(secretly):coffee:

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

Cool track. Wouldn't say there is much hardstyle coming though sounds more trancey. Hardstyle is stylised by massive kick drums both clean and distorted so maybe incorporate a bit of that stuff. Got some samples i can send ya if ya want?
Tnx mate,nah i have plenty samples,but yea i like your idea just need more time to incorporate that stuff i will see what can i do!!!;)

I was well into hard style and hardcore when i first started writing dnb and did mash the two genres together quite a bit (it wasn't a perfect blend as i didn't really know wtf i was doing lol!). I used to go for a big trancey lead and then just slam in with a big kick drum, build up with rides and snares and dropping in those distorted kicks and filthy noises then drop in the standard dnb build up and go back into the drum and bass. Played a few of the tracks out and they seemed to go down well even if they were shit lol! Peeps love a fat hardstlye kick drum out of a rig creates a nice contrast to the dnb. Be interested to see where this one goes :)

http://soundcloud.com/djrezonate

I like that section at the second drop. The main bass sounds a bit '?' not sure if it's the distortion or the width that's making me think that. Like it could do with some more filtering or tightening up or something.

But not my usual listen so just opinion.

some variation on these drums could really do this one a treat - back off the bass a bit and use the drum variation wif the synth line that comes in - would like to hear a bit more sub on it too - def potential here just needs the fine tuning to get to the money zone

I like that section at the second drop. The main bass sounds a bit '?' not sure if it's the distortion or the width that's making me think that. Like it could do with some more filtering or tightening up or something.

But not my usual listen so just opinion.
tnx for advice man yea it is little bit wide but i will fix that!!

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

some variation on these drums could really do this one a treat - back off the bass a bit and use the drum variation wif the synth line that comes in - would like to hear a bit more sub on it too - def potential here just needs the fine tuning to get to the money zone
I will see what can i do tnx for advice!

Not my usual style so dont really know what to say.....it hurt my ears a little, but I have yet to decide if that was in a good way or not????.....

Yeah I'm with Mr Fletch that was quite painfull on the ears. If I heard it in a club I think I'd run for cover. I like the riser sound, the rest I don't think I could be objective

I like your synthesis, but there are some frequency ranges you should take a look at in your mix as they can be fatiguing in a mix. Particularly the 2khz to 4khz range (these can be fatiguing in high quantities a dip here would help) and the 8khz range (this range is know as sibilance and can cause extremely fatiguing effects on your mix).

Also your composition was awesome rhythmically although I wish you incorporated a lead in your mix as well. 8)

Back
Top Bottom