Neurofunk track, looking for idéas

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Yo! I always have problems with wrapping up my neurofunk tunes.. I never seam to be happy with them and I feel that there something missing and that results in that I almost never finnish any of them. So this is the latest one I've been working on and I thought I'd post it here and hope that you guys could figure out what its lacking! :)

I know the breakdowns/buildups are quite empty and thats where I'm working right now.
Hoping for the best, fingers crossed! :lol:

NEW VERSION:

Last edited:
don't just focus on using 1 synth to make the bass. Here what you're lacking of the most is a big-sub, you have the top-ideas now you need the technique so keep on it at least for 6months you'll see yourself becoming so fucking much fucking better :))

PS: the high lead sound at 2.26 could be more constant in some parts

Thanks for your comments guys! I just bounced out another version of it this morning. Made some slight improvements, nothing too radical but I'm fairly happy.

I tried to give it some more sub this time actually ^^ For my next neuro track I'll also try to blend in more bass-sounds! Thanks for the up's as well :)

listening to the new version

personally i wouldnt open the filters the whole way on the bass growl, either that or put a low pass over the whole bass channel, just to take off the very highest frequencies

just my opinion tho, but i think it would sound cool

think it sounds a bit dry. some sound fx and some more reverb/chorus on the hi end would make it way fatter i guess. and put some pads and stuff in there aswell.

good work tho. :)

Yep, clearly needs more sounds. The main artifact is quite cool but not sufficient. break it with some other elements (synths not drms) and layer some other sounds sometimes.
I'm quite interested in the making of your "wubwub". Looking for new ways to synthesise nowadays.

Allright! I'll be trying to blend some more elements in next time :)

And for the bass its just lots of filters and resampling and lots of more filters, notches, hi-pass, low-pass n' such n' such ^^

Thanks for checking it out!

cum on, it`s a banger even without sub haha :D

edit: seriously, everything is great. maybe turn down a bit hp filter (did I wrote it properly? :D)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom