Neurofunk sub bass and neurobass EQ help

Quotec

Hello!

I started some neurofunk today and I created a heavy neurobass(square being operated by detuned triangle and applied some LP to it, sounds awesome, I recommend trying) which has some lovely content in 20-100Hz area. At the same time I have a sub playing beneath. How the heck should I EQ both basses to keep this lovely low-end content of neurobass(centered around 60-100Hz) and have a decent sub beneath with no clashing?

Or just use your midrange sound as the sub instead? and freq-split it at say 100 hz. Then treat the lows as you would with a sub bass.

A sub doesn't always have to be a pure sine imo.

Thanks for advice, I managed to somehow make it sound better as of now. I ceased to use pure sine waves to make my subs, imo they sound ridiculously boring and tend to eat a lot of headroom.

you shouldn't really hear the sine, its the sub, it goes beneath everything, it should be felt
they might seem to take alot of unnecessary space, but they do make a difference

and on the problem you have/had, I'd split the bass, as JimbaDirt mentioned

you shouldn't really hear the sine, its the sub, it goes beneath everything, it should be felt
they might seem to take alot of unnecessary space, but they do make a difference

and on the problem you have/had, I'd split the bass, as JimbaDirt mentioned

Unless you use a bit of saturation on the sub, just to add some harmonics and make it more audible, specially on small speakers.

Your sub layer, should you split, should be felt more than heard and usually sits just below the kick. The upper half of the split is where you hear the bass more and where you can modulate and add FX etc. You can modulate basic sines to make them less boring by using pitch envelopes, LFO's tied to volume, slight saturation and so on.

Back
Top Bottom