[Neurofunk] Sobec - Venom

very nice! midrange is super sick. i would recommend you build out that melody a bit more, it's getting quite repetetive after some time. other than that this is really beefy man

Thanks for the kind words!

I am kinda inclined to agree on the variation, I was aiming for a techno vibe, might have overdone it a little. : p

And I tried boosting the sub a bit more, but it started to distort a bit too much.

Thanks for the kind words!

I am kinda inclined to agree on the variation, I was aiming for a techno vibe, might have overdone it a little. : p

And I tried boosting the sub a bit more, but it started to distort a bit too much.

If you sidechain the sub to the kick, then I believe the problem will be solved. Will you upload a new version of the song?

Not feeling the intro and the drop sounds off, like the samples are awkwardly pitched or something, the little tambla "pop" sounds out of place, I'd look at the pitch on that too, too much high end, everything sounds sharp and brittle.

Well I'm typing this while 2 1/2 minutes in and it's got me hooked. Especially once those computer codeline-like keys came in. Quite nice that.

I agree it could do w/ some low pop, and a bit more variety on the composition to kinda take the track in a few different places while still keeping it centered where it is now, but I'm definitely liking what's here so far. Great Reece-like bassline and juicy kick and snare. The pad chord also compliments the computery sound (a better name perhaps for it) really well.

Not even a week l8r and already putting the new comp to good use :)

Hey man listened to this and its really nice and progressive, its great when it just breaks in to the pads can imagine the whole dance floor taking a breather lol then back up. It is so nearly there but feel its a little clear sounding and not enough bass on it and kinda loses direction after 4 mins. But its evident you have skills i cant wait to hear more peace :)

Thanks! : )

I agree with that it needs more variation, it's one of those things I'm struggling with.
So I've been dissecting a lot of tracks today to see how they work : D.

Sounds really sweet man. Everybody else is right about changing up the bass, just listen to a few other tracks and you'll eventually get inspired about how to change up your own bass. With the tuning, i get the feeling the samples might be in key, but just just sound a bit too out of tune. Especially the ring after the drop, just needs maybe 10 or 20 cents correction, because it does sound off.

i think youve used some interesting timbres, and theres an obvious strong theme to your music! (do i sound like a critique yet?) but maybe it could be slightly more polished compared to some modern neurofunk? who knows. cool stuff anyway bro look forward to more :)

Last edited:
Well I'm aiming for a bit more "unique" bass sound (If that's even working so far.), just definitely need to finetune things a lot more.

And I have a habbit of using the critique I get on another track, so I'll upload that one in the coming weeks : )!

Back
Top Bottom