[Neurofunk] Sobec - Cryostasis

This is really good man! The bleeping percussion thing is really cool. I'd be proud of myself if I created this thing!

I haven't got my monitors yet but from what I can tell, I think you could push the sub a bit more. Gj on this!

Nice clean airy mix/master. I like it.

As far as subs go, it's all about the frequency, if you have access to Operator you can get really nice clean subs, layer them and get pure Sine or saw wobbles, you can get deep gnarly subs even out of Audacity (go to Tone Generator and then bounce them back to your DAW)...seriously. For example...If your song is in the key of A# generate a tone at 58.27Hz, then if that's not enough, layer the signal with the same frequency, or another tone in the same key...A# 116.54Hz or A# 29.14Hz... ect.

Last edited:
you can just lowpass your bassline boost that a bit and use that, if a clean sine wave doesn't do it then put a sligt amount of overdrive on it or mix it with a small amount of a square wave to give it some grit and harmonics, or you can really just lowpass anything and use that as sub although you'll probably get the most "boom" from a simple sinewave,

really cool tune

Yeah feeling this one, hectic but it works!

Only criticism is that the sub does seem a bit weird, sounds like its too high up the freq scale?

But other than that, good work!

Sounding soooo good mate. The production has hit such a high level, i really think you have the potential to go places soon enough. The track itself is great. From an A grade comparison, everybody else is right, get the sub in the right octave and get it nice and phat. What i tend to do for subs is tube it, compress it, then lowpass it. That's what works for me anyways.
Also, maybe try and vary up the bass a bit for the choruses and verses, just to stop it getting to repetitive. And lastly, if you listen to the track and you think you hear a bit of emptiness in a few sections (i would say the first 16 bars of the first chorus), then you should probably fill it up a bit, with FX, high hat fills, whatever.

The track, is awesome and happens to be in the style that i love.
I'll be following your progress, and would love to pitch in where i can, because i'm really digging your stuff. Keep it up mate :)

Awesome : D thanks for the post! Made me feel very motivated haha! And I always struggle the most with sub bass for some reason, the entire track is written in F, but i agree in that the sub might be a bit too high pitched + needs some compression.

MisterApe this is very good indeed! Everything seems in place apart from the subbass level. Mix-wise this is very good :) Well done mate :D

Damn man, this is seriously tight shit. I'd even say it's up there w/ the professional tracks. I get a nice blend of Ed Rush/Optical, Universal Project and Noisa in there, but I can also definitely tell it's all your own. Percussions are ace and the pad and sfx are just awesome.

I might have you on my SC but if not I'll be rectifying that right now; you've got a future in this stuff. Keep up the progress MA, inspirational!

- - - Updated - - -

So my mac died last night, I lost the project + all my other stuff.

Always keep backups!
Ffffffffuuuuuccckkkkkk! That couldn't of been worst timing. Wish I could help :(

Back
Top Bottom