Drum & Bass [Neurofunk]Ruben Pinto - Magnet

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Bawss, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Bawss

Bawss New Member

Hey everyone , this is my latest Neuro track , this time I went for some chilly synth lines for the intro, followed by a nasty reese bass line drop , and overall I think this track has a good feeling to it , your feedback is greatly appreciated, 'cause I think this track's got potential to be signed!

https://soundcloud.com/r-ben-pinto/r-ben-pinto-diogo-tavares

I also don't know how to post the soundcloud widget! Some help would be awesome :D~

Nice productions everyone!

2. bulletstorm

bulletstorm Member

to get the soundcloud widget type: [ soundcloud ] *your link* [ / soundcloud ] without spaces.

your track sounds pretty good.
    I really like the various neuro reese basses.
    I feel the melody of one of the synths could be better, I'm talking about the synth that makes a sound at the same note every 8 beats.
    overall mixdown is pretty good through my speakers.

3. Bawss

Bawss New Member

Thanks a lot for your feedback ;D Yeah , that synth u mentioned is rather dull , I gotta fix it , but i'm amazed 'cause you liked it :D

4. Ritual

Ritual Member

this is a riddim ! i've checked your older tunes out & you're progression in the last year is fucking nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

this is a riddim ! i've checked your older tunes out & you're progression in the last year is fucking nuts.

5. Bawss

Bawss New Member

Thanks a lot man ! I'm trying my best every time and it makes me happy someone realizes i'm improving :D

Yeah , this tune has a funky DROP! :D

check it out!:D

6. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

Great job mate, really digging the funk. Your bass mids are done really nicely and work with break great.

A couple gripes; firstly the respect vocals get pretty repetitive, maybe change them up a bit with pitch or FX. Secondly, the chord stab and other melodic stuff does get a bit stale too, so maybe try and change up the samples and pitch a bit. The bass could use a little kick up the ass too.

Sick tune, big up!

7. Bawss

Bawss New Member

Thanks a lot for your feedback mate :D
    I do realize there's some tweaks needed in order to become a better track! But i'm glad people are liking the tune in a general way!
    Thanks again ! :D

8. JoErOe

JoErOe Member

Really great breaks here. i like the tone of the snare. nice and simple. the mids are also real heavy and the mix sounds nice and clear! keep it up man.

check out my newest track if you get a chance. this is the first mixdown, and any feedback for when i start mastering the final would be awesome!

9. LVB

LVB Active Member

great tune, loving the basses, they're a bit all over the place but they still sit nicely, drums sound nice and clear, great work!

10. Bawss

Bawss New Member

Thanks everyone for taking your time to review my track . Loving the feedback :D

11. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

Nice and punchy drums : ), one thing I'd change though, is that you could have gone batshit crazy in the intro and introduced lots more crazy elements.
    Billain does it best.

12. Bawss

Bawss New Member

Billain's been doing it for way longer than I have ahahaha xD
    But thanks for the tip , I just went for a softer intro with not many elements attached, but thanks for complimenting my drums , I think they're spot on :p

- - - Updated - - -

Billain's been doing it for way longer than I have ahahaha xD
    But thanks for the tip , I just went for a softer intro with not many elements attached, but thanks for complimenting my drums , I think they're spot on :p