[Neurofunk] Nucleoid - Feeling Nervous [WIP, Raw version give me tips on mix/master!]

Re: [Neurofunk] Nucleoid - Feeling Nervous [WIP, Raw version give me tips on mix/mast

I think that your track may sound like it has a better mixdown just by bringing the kick and snare up in volume by 2-3 db or so. Try brightening both of them as well, by boosting some mid-high to high freq. That's where I would start. It's a cool track, I'd like to hear what you do to it :) Hope that helps! Peace-

Re: [Neurofunk] Nucleoid - Feeling Nervous [WIP, Raw version give me tips on mix/mast

at the moment the mix is quite harsh, and lacking sub and warmth, theres no fast way to solve those problems, just practice unfortunetly

some ideas, bring ur sub right up in the mix, have it peaking around 3db below the kick.

get more warmth into the track, thats the region around 400hz...carefull tho, thats the way to get things muddy aswell

hats can probly come up in the mix a bit too

rather than boosting frequency bands, often it is easier to bring up the volume of the channel, and then reduce frequency bands where needed, because EQ's add noise/color, and that can complicate your problems if you dont hear whats going on yet

EQ is all about getting as much sound as possible into your mix, by removing the bits you dont need, ie the bits that clash with other sounds (esp bass) or that ring out and distort the texture of the sound

creativly, that track is awsome, the percussion is mental! and I can just about hear sum mental sounds going on in the background aswell, as u say, just need to work on the mixdown

this might give u sum more ideas to help polish ur sound off... http://johnmiszt.com/ableton/mixdown-tips-tutorial/

Thanks guys! These must be the most useful comments I've received so far. In the afternoon I will definitely work on the track again and hopefully post a new version tonight. If anyone has more suggestions regarding levels, EQing, or sound effects deel free to post your opinions. Also i could change some stuff in the structure if that's needed.
Regards,
Q

Back
Top Bottom