Neurofunk DNB track for critique

jacklepop

Bassline Muncher
Hello all. I'd like to hear your comments and criticisms on this neurofunk styled track. I understand that the bassline could use more movement and will work on that.

Added: Soundcloud link:

http://soundcloud.com/jacklepop/jacklepop-witchcraft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LuQ3lByLQ
This is the latest render after more tweaking.

@groelle: I'll layer a punchier snare over. Definitely work on the bass more.

@subprime: Will do :)

@Zeal: Any suggestions for a clearer mix? As it stands, i have the kick and snare ducking out the synths. I'll try to go for the hats and tambourines cutting through just that little bit more.

@Lucidproduction: I'll definitely try another version with a heavy snare. Appreciate your comments!

@msmith222: Thank you! I'll have to tweak the bass still, and work on the mix.

Thank you all replying. Very much appreciated :) Loads more work to be done on this track.

Last edited:
just listening.

snare needs more punch for a neuro tune imo, as you already stated, the bass sounds a little to static, but creates a nice atmosphere. hats are a bit to static for my liking aswell.

overall you need to work on your beats, and maybe add some fx and a bit more variation.

just listening.

snare needs more punch for a neuro tune imo, as you already stated, the bass sounds a little to static, but creates a nice atmosphere. hats are a bit to static for my liking aswell.

overall you need to work on your beats, and maybe add some fx and a bit more variation.
Pretty much this.

Yeah beats defo need work, more layers definately to keep it rolling better

mixdown needs work too its a bit messy

but you know what i can see what you have gone for and its not a bad attempt. Neuro is a hard one to get imo

good effort man, keep at it, im sure you will get it soon enough :)

the bass sound is good keep that,

maybe cut the low end off of it and add a sub bass if u know how to do that?

punchy kick and a different snare and this will be a good tune Imo! nice stuff

Last edited:
Re: Neurofunk DNB track for critique (Ver100909)

Hello, i'd love to hear feedback and suggestions on how to improve the track.

Comments on production, sound, and everything is very much appreciated! :) I hope the quality of the youtube video doesn't detract from the listening.

i think this sounds like a good track. the drums lack a little sparkle, and the bass is a little flat, but definitely has a good sound overall..

Back
Top Bottom