Neurofunk cymbals???

Discussion in 'Production' started by brownz, Jun 22, 2016.

1. brownz

brownz New Member

I've heard this kinda stuff throughout a bunch of neurofunk these days. Some nicely sustained, distorted cymbal of sorts. Dunno if it's open hat, crash or ride, but it creates a wicked vibe, and fills out the top end suprisingly nicely. Tends to be sidechained it seems

Here's an example. Starts at 1:00. It sounds like a processed version of the first cymbal, but better :devil:

Another example:

I'm struggling too get the same sort of grittyness, and fullness with my processing. perhaps its sample selection. Most of my results end up with loose sounding distortion, not the tight gritty cymbal im looking for. Not sure whether to find a sample and loop a portion with grit, or add reverb or what!

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on this, and if there is any common interest!

Cheers..

2. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

Post what you have so far? We can't really tell what you mean because words can't describe sounds very well

3. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Sounds a lot like white noise distorted and sidechained etc. Have you messed about with white noise? Fills out the tops loads!

brownz likes this.
  4. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Ride or Crash, I believe. Probably distorted to the max & sidechained. Probably layered with white noise as well.

brownz likes this.
  5. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

run a plain sine sub and a cymbal into the same insert, distort the sub and then highpass

ChinPunch and brownz like this.