Neurofunk Bass tutorial

Manny

hey guys, ive been lurking forums back and forth and experimenting with reeses and i started getting some results. now to mostly give back to the places where ive been learning i made a nice little tutorial for future reference of gain techniques :D

enjoy guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent display of the modulation required to create movement within the sound and the difference re sampling makes
Good tutorial, I thought it was really interesting how you even automated the EQ movements and how many EQ you used

nicely shared, I was always thinking what the notches do and have should it sound, your video has cleared it for me :)

But I think that resampling is not needed if you have a multi-core CPU that can handle different chains of effects and all the modulations in realtime (and if you like what's coming from your synth). If you use kontakt just for adding some saturation and distortion, I think you can do it with some VSTs. A good free alternative is shortcircuit and some other effects for saturation. I think that the biggest advantage of sampling like this is that you can set your loops and tweak them live or create automation on loop start (in kontakt or shortcircuit), but it's not easy to come up with some good groove.

As for the effects a good tip is to use multiband effects like multiband distortion, multiband compression. I like for example a more crispy distortion on highs with less overdrive and some smooth distortion on mids with more overdrive and leave the lows without any distortion (because when I did it, I couldn't hear the sub and other lows so clearly even if I had cut the lows after the distortion with EQ).

glad everyone liked and I'ma start going crazier with filters a distorion and cyberluke, I recently been trying to get into homicide again just since it's a way crazier distortion that has many things like bandwidth and such. maybe someone can show me a video or something of punished that helped them understand it more

wut.jpg

what?

Back
Top Bottom